Wondering if TSO is running quantum 6

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
Went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra west show in Denver the other night.
Wow! They've outdone themselves again.

What I really noticed was how much better the guitars sounded. Each one was crystal clear from high gain leads to edge of breakup stuff. I've never heard subtile guitar tones work so well in a loud arena! They've always had the power stuff, but it was even better than last year.

The twin leads they were playing came off better than any I've ever heard. Made me want to redo all my guitar tones.

They also had the best live PA sound I've ever heard in an arena. They were doing something with the low-mids that worked so perfectly. Visually amazing and indescribable.

Do yourselves a favor and don't miss this show.

FWIW I saw TSO East Sunday for the first time and I was floored. Easily the best "performamce" I have ever seen. The sound was really good too except for the Drums. The guitars though, we're awesome and man did they cut! I loved how the rhythm tones changed to suit the songs, and of course the playing was top notch.

It was also awesome to see 3/5 of Savatage with Chris Caffery, Johnny Lee Middleton and Zachary Stevens. I didn't get into that band until right around the time Criss Oliva died but the entire Edge of Thorns album, much of Handful of Rain, Hall OF The Mountain King, Streets and Gutter Ballet were the soundtrack to my junior year in high school.

Saw them in Dallas and I have to agree about the guitar sounds; phenomenal! I'm a huge Savatage fan and never thought I'd get to see TSO (being from Australia) but I lucked out visiting my family here over the Xmas break.

Saw TSO East in Houston last Friday night. My 3-4 time seeing them. Amazing as always and the guitars sounded phenomenal. Such a good show.

Saw them a couple weeks ago and was floored by their tone. The mids were so cutting! Would love to see a rig rundown...

Back
Top Bottom