Wish to save multiple presets at a time

Guitarmandan

Inspired
it was soooo convenient w/ the ancient Axe-Edit 1.0 when i could save as many presets as i wanted at a time and NOT as a bank save. the old way allowed you to see the NAMES of the saved presets to make importing easy. now, with a bank save, its just one file that gives no info. to go about the tedium of saving one pre at time when doing heavy work is plain painful!:shock

I'm away from my gear, but can't you go into Axe Manage, highlight a range of presets, then hold the mouse and drag them off the Axe Edit window and onto your desktop? Or no? I know I grabbed a list of Cabs a few nights ago and dragged them INTO cab manager in Axe Edit, so I am making an assumption the presets can be grabbed and dragged as a group, but then be separate preset files when the land in your computer....

I just tried to swap 3 presets to another area, and CRRRRRRRRRRRRASH. WINDOWS 7 64 bit. I used to like just right clicking and saving things to a file. ps no cant drag em to a blank folder, wont work! I am greatly trying to re organize all my presets and have NO IDEA HOW. Other than swapping, erasing, etc etc. not easy.

What a drag- no drag!

I'm away from my gear, but can't you go into Axe Manage, highlight a range of presets, then hold the mouse and drag them off the Axe Edit window and onto your desktop? Or no? I know I grabbed a list of Cabs a few nights ago and dragged them INTO cab manager in Axe Edit, so I am making an assumption the presets can be grabbed and dragged as a group, but then be separate preset files when the land in your computer....

HEY ROD i tried, but no go dragging pre's nor copy/paste guess you wouldn't need the BOT if you could go so easy!

Actually you can open a bank file in Axe-edit and see all the patch names.

hey Sean- that is a good suggestion to at least SEE the pre's. it still doesn't give the opportunity to grab a bunch of pre's and move them into or out of a current bank like i did in Axe_Edit 1.0. don't know why this feature was not maintained?

I just tried to swap 3 presets to another area, and CRRRRRRRRRRRRASH. WINDOWS 7 64 bit. I used to like just right clicking and saving things to a file. ps no cant drag em to a blank folder, wont work! I am greatly trying to re organize all my presets and have NO IDEA HOW. Other than swapping, erasing, etc etc. not easy.

i hear ya Symphx! i am a neat freak and like to keep a clean house. this is driving me nutz! guess if i never had the feature in Axe-Edit 1.0 i wouldn't know what i was missing

The ability to drag-and-drop between the Axe-Manage and the file system is the main feature that I've been hoping will return. It makes housekeeping so much less tedious.

The ability to drag-and-drop between the Axe-Manage and the file system is the main feature that I've been hoping will return. It makes housekeeping so much less tedious.

yes Rex i agree i've been inquiring about this but the answer i keep getting is use "the Banks" but that puts extra steps in the process. it was def much easier before

Axe-Edit is a work in progress. New features (sometimes "new" as in "what we grew to know and love about the previous Axe-Edit") keep coming. I'd hoped that full-scale drag-&-drop would be one of the earlier Axe-Manage features because of its usefulness and apparent simplicity. But I'm sure there is more to come. For now, I'll content myself with the stability, the lack of which was not something I loved about the previous incarnation.

Back
Top Bottom