Wish Wish List: New Amps

I was also thinking about some more doom/stoner friendly amps. Like I know there's Orange amps in there, but I find the Rockerverb is too friendly and the AD30 is too polite. You can get close with the Orange bass amp + a pedal but it's still not fully there for me.

I think throwing in something like a Matamp (or vintage Matamp-era Orange), a Sunn of sorts, etc etc. When I had a Helix/POD GO I had lots of fun with the Orange OR120 amp they had in there.
An OR120 is my most desired addition. Not just for stoner/doom, the OR120 is a great amp for everything - warm and detailed cleans, indie rock (Stephen Malkmus used ORs for years), probably does country fine.

My Science Earthling (based on an early '70s Matamp) will stay with me until there's a Fractal equivalent.

PV Invective would be a nice addition, a krank amp too
Agreed with the Krank at least.
An OR120 is my most desired addition. Not just for stoner/doom, the OR120 is a great amp for everything - warm and detailed cleans, indie rock (Stephen Malkmus used ORs for years), probably does country fine.

My Science Earthling (based on an early '70s Matamp) will stay with me until there's a Fractal equivalent.
Agreed. I do like the OR120 for more crunchy oriented sounds. The FAC control is such a versatile tool.

Another vote for JSX (+ XXX).

Wizard MTL + MCII

Fryette Sig X, Pitbull, Deliverance 120, VHT2150

ADA MP-1

Bogner Helios

Diezel Hagan

Driftwood Purple Nightmare

Friedman JEL100

Marshall 8100

Marshall 2210/2205
Yep another request for the ADA MP-1 we have almost all of the 80's rack preamps just waiting on the most popular one.

Reactions: KFM
One of the best sounding amps I've played. But since it's basically a modded Marshall I'm guessing... "no".
I have wondered how close I can get using a plexi, diode clipping, an extra gain stage and a bogner tone stack but I’d still need some kind of reference to compare against…. could well be that everything is already there to do one of those though

Ibanez TSA30 yes I said it "IBANEZ" i dear you lol p.s I would pay the shipping to send the amp to Fractal :)

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
For the bass players out there :) Acoustic 360 this cab is so unique sounding.. get that JACO sound :)

Attachments

• 130u-10208_front.jpg
    130u-10208_front.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
I now have in my possession a Mesa Mark V 90 in mint condition with foot controller and covers. Been wanting one of these for some time now. Have not tried it yet but stoked by owning it. View attachment 102950

You don’t want to use Dawn on it; Mesas respond better to Palmolive.

Congrats on the amp! I tried a lower wattage one in person, and it was wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom