Wish Wish List: New Amps

Has anyone mentioned Magnatones? Particularly the original stereo ones? Some relatively obscure beauties might be better than more ultra high gain monsters (awesome as they of course are :D..... ) for some of us - Selmer made some beauties, Silvertone, Harmony, more Supros - all amps with very distinct characters that would add considerably to a recording muso's palette of tones!

+1000 on Ampeg V4
Yeah, as well as the older lower gain bangers I mentioned in my previous thread, my old Ampeg VT22 was hands down the best sounding mid gain combo I have ever owned - just a pity it weighed as much as a Cadillac and I lived in a house with thirty or so steps to the front door - one of my flatmates reckoned they'd eventually find me dead at the bottom of the stairs one morning flattened by the damn thing - "death by Ampeg" was my fully expected ending..... Likewise one of the very few Sunn amps made by Fender (which was probably a direct clone of an earlier Sunn amp) 100 watt 2x12 combo was an absolutely glorious sounding beast - the well post $3K asking price was just too much at the time sadly :(.....

So, long and short of it - great sounding amps that aren't really represented in the AxeFx universe as far as I am aware - if anyone has hints as to how to almost get there tonally with what we already have I'd love to know!

Despite Cliffs qualms with the sales reps, (heard the story on the douchey aura around the amp) And the fact it has been mentioned already....A Wizard MC would make me chugg till my hand and D$&k fell off😜

Has anyone mentioned Magnatones? Particularly the original stereo ones? Some relatively obscure beauties might be better than more ultra high gain monsters (awesome as they of course are :D..... ) for some of us - Selmer made some beauties, Silvertone, Harmony, more Supros - all amps with very distinct characters that would add considerably to a recording muso's palette of tones!
+1
I had an Etsey Magnatone M8. Great sounding little amp....

Don't leave out the Kay 705 w/Tremolo! My first ever amp...until it caught fire in my bedroom...:oops:

Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee (with Lead Master)
Yes! I have the Fender TMP and it at the least has 3 channels although they did NOT include the all-important "Lead Master" knob. Modeling that amp without that knob is just wrong. That is where that amp comes alive utilizing that "Lead Master".

Most of all I want Omega Granophyre, Randall Warhead X2, Friedman JJ100 (Not sure of its expediency, they say you can modify the existing Friedman HB100)

If you could choose only one amplifier, it would be Omega Granophyre.

And it looks like an expanded list of wishes.

1. Omega Granophyre
2. Randall Warhead X2
3. Randall V-2 HE
-
4. VHT Ultra-Lead
5. Marshall Vlavestate 8100
-
6. Driftwood Purple Nightmare
7. Friedman JJ-100
-
8. Engl Fireball
-
9. Holmes - Mississippi Bluesmaster

Attachments

• xw6yxn89alphucywjo9q.jpg
    xw6yxn89alphucywjo9q.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 15
  • raw.jpg
    raw.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 14
  • vht-pitbull-ultra-lead-xl.jpg
    vht-pitbull-ultra-lead-xl.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 12
  • jj100-frnt-1.png
    jj100-frnt-1.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 480329000000000-00-500x500.jpg
    480329000000000-00-500x500.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
  • rc25sdhglot58nghboxm.jpg
    rc25sdhglot58nghboxm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Would love to see some of the newest Bruce Egnater works implemented, not necessarily a multi-channel stuff, I think we got that covered - something hopefully more unique

Most of all I want Omega Granophyre, Randall Warhead X2, Friedman JJ100 (Not sure of its expediency, they say you can modify the existing Friedman HB100)

If you could choose only one amplifier, it would be Omega Granophyre.

And it looks like an expanded list of wishes.

1. Omega Granophyre
2. Randall Warhead X2
3. Randall V-2 HE
-
4. VHT Ultra-Lead
5. Marshall Vlavestate 8100
-
6. Driftwood Purple Nightmare
7. Friedman JJ-100
-
8. Engl Fireball
-
9. Holmes - Mississippi Bluesmaster
QFT (god damn, i haven't seen that abbreviation in a while). Neural's Granophyre plugin got me hooked on the sound but the QC's QC issues ( ;) ) really have me wanting to stay with Fractal gear live. I see the amp still isn't on the master wishlist so I was gonna start a new thread for it but that might be bad manners.

Would love to see some of the newest Bruce Egnater works implemented, not necessarily a multi-channel stuff, I think we got that covered - something hopefully more unique
I don't think Egnater has much that is "unique" in the more recent stuff. It all seems to be a Fender/Vox/Plexi/SLO of some sort in a multi-channel format.

I’m still excited about that Sunn Model T Cliff mentioned a while back. I finally pulled the trigger on a 50w version (T50C). There’s something about that amp that feels different and I’m not sure why no one has modeled one yet. Maybe just because they’re really hard to find.
Would you lend it to Cliff so he can Model it? :tonguewink: The Sunn T50C has been my main amp since 2016 and I't's still my absolute favorite amp to this day, along with some vintage AC30 Top Boosts (but that's a pretty different kind of monster, haha). The Sunn T50C is THE amp that I really really wish for to be modeled! Very underrated amp.. And it's a shame that Fender stopped making it, and that noone really seems to care; people are always commenting on my sound after gigs, and sound engineers love it! Haha. It's not really like the original Model T's, but I think I actually like it more!

Btw, off topic, but I also swapped the G12T-75 for an Alnico Cream in mine - a choice I'm extremely happy with! Works wonders with both channels, and with a lot of drive/fuzz. Not fizzy at all like a lot of people usually claim Alnico speakers to be with high gain stuff.. I bought a 75 watt Creamback as well that i tried, but i found it to be a pretty harsh in the high mids/treble in comparison. The Alnico seem to have more low end, but it doesn't get in the way at all. It's got more high end, but in a really pleasant way. I can turn the treble up more on the amp and it just becomes more "open" and twangy without being sharp, like it has a softer attack almost, but still very "stringy" sounding. And it exaggerates the low mid growl and roar that I love with that amp! Cut's through the mix like a sword too!

Back
Top Bottom