Wish Wish List: New Amps

What about the Mesa Mark lll?

Nobody mentions it
It had all of the inherent compromises between channels that the IIC+ had (i.e., it was a bit finicky to dial in, and you generally could get a great clean sound or a great lead sound better, but not both at the same time), plus a third "crunch" sound piggybacking on the same set of controls and adding yet more compromises.

The Mk IV added a second row of knobs and a bunch of little rocker switches to tweak things, and was a huge leap forward in overall control of the sound. It also got some new sounds that the IIC+ could not get, so it was more than just a greatest-hits model, it was the next, newest Boogie.

Seriously if we got some Randall models, Marshall valvestate (or any other solid state models) and some VHT love I think I'd pull the trigger on upgrading from my II right now. I'd love to see models of those amps.

Edit: Some Rivera or Framus models would be awesome too but I doubt that will ever happen.

Seriously if we got some Randall models, Marshall valvestate (or any other solid state models) and some VHT love I think I'd pull the trigger on upgrading from my II right now. I'd love to see models of those amps.

Edit: Some Rivera or Framus models would be awesome too but I doubt that will ever happen.
Marshall Valvestate?

Yes. Like the 8100. What I mean is some other solid state amps (be it Marshall, randall, or anyone else). Be cool to try. And I know the valvestate is considered a "hybrid" because of the tube preamp but I'm sure you get what I'm saying..

Yes, Mark V consolidated the best of Mark IIC+, Mark III, Mark IV...added some functionality to it

Sort of, the Lead channel is just 3 versions of the IIC+ circuit set up in a tight and fast mode (IIC), full and heavy (IV) and then a negative feedback removed mode which wasn't possible before (EXTREME). Plus a triode/pentode switch for toggling between IIC+ power section and IV power section layouts. And adding wattage selectors, and removing some of the individual switches or hiding them inside the mode switch (ie, PULL DEEP is engaged in the Mark IV mode but not the IIC mode). So it schematically matches the IIC+, and gets close to the IV and III just because they were all so close to the IIC+ schematic anyway.

But then the real best of happens when they added three great clean channel modes, and in Channel 2 they have a great CRUNCH mode, a bright and thin EDGE mode most people hate but some people love, and a hot rodded Mark I mode for some classic Santana type stuff. They definitely marketed it to seem more like a collection of different Mark series models over the years though.

Randall RG100
Randall Century
Randall Satan
Randall Ultimate Nullifier
Randall KH103
Fortin Meshuggah
Revv Generator 120
Mesa/Boogie JP-2C
Tone King Sky King
Tone King Imperial
Friedman Buxom Betty
Marshall Major
Marshall Super Bass
Sunn Model T
Sunn Beta Lead
Diezel Hagen
Dumble Steel String Singer

Not to mention other channels from amps that are already modeled (the clean channels of the Friedmans and Diezels for instance) and more bass amps.

Or, as @chris once cheekily said: "I want every amp made ever." :D

Attachments

• Revv GeneratorToneMatch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Revv-GeneratorToneMatchIR.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom