Wish Wish List: New Amps

Bass players already have an Ampeg! We need the classic Ampegs used by the Stones and others.

You do know that those amps and cabs used by the Stones were the original SVT prototypes before public introduction right? They were tweaked further before they started selling them. No way Fractal could get their hands on those originals. Would be cool if they could but I’m quite happy with my 1971 SVT amp and 2019 Heritage cab. 😉. The new 50th Heritage amp would be awesome but they can’t seem to get that thing produced. Would like to see some Sansamp and Ampeg pre’s in the Fractal lineup.

Just for fun, I don't expect any of these, but...

Amps:
Randall RG100,
Randall Century 200,
Mesa Mark III (close enough to the IIC+ and IV but if the different stripes could be figured out/understood within the AX3),
5150 Rhythm channel (specifically the block/sig, not the II),
Rivera M100,
Bogner/Marshall Snorkeler,
"Dr Feelgood" Marshall (Fortin, I believe, replicates this mod),
Marshall Major,
ADA MP1,
Gallien Krueger 400RB/800RB,

FX:
Sansamp Bass Driver DI pedal,
Furman PQ3 (even just the overdrive from it).

A Crate BlueVodoo 120/300 would be great. It delivers wonderful gain for instance for death metal and beyond.

further: again the Randall satan and Mesa triple crown.

I'm down with the ADA MP-1 to get that Type O Negative October Rust sound, or a Valvestate 8100 amp to get that Static-X's Wisconsin Death Trip/Prong's Cleansing/Beautiful People sound. Idk I've been obsessed with getting that fizzy/static-y Industrial sound lately..... hm maybe a Crate VTX350H, or any of those SS Crate amps, they sound kind of 'fizzy/buzzsaw-y', sounds really good with drop tunings from what I've heard.

Last edited:
I'm just throwing ideas around here but what about the SRS WOW Thing- an effects box from the 90s (hard to find now) that widens the stereo image, most notably used by mixing engineer Randy Staub, think Black Album, late Alice in Chains, ...uh & Nickelback...idk that'd be cool to have that. With that & the Valvestate 8100 I'd be set.

Last edited:
I'm just throwing ideas around here but what about the SRS WOW Thing- an effects box from the 90s (hard to find now) that widens the stereo image, most notably used by mixing engineer Randy Staub, think Black Album, Alice in Chains, ...uh & Nickelback...idk that'd be cool to have that. With that & the Valvestate 8100 I'd be set.
That can be simulated pretty easily. I add a parallel PEQ and enhancer block to a "dry" chain. Set the PEQ to boost the high frequencies while leaving the rest flat. Then use the enhancer block in modern mode, disable the High Cut filter. Set the width and depth to 100%. Mix this so it adds a little width, not too much as it can cause phase issues in mono.

Also I'm not sure if he used it on the black album or dr feelgood as I don't think it existed yet, but I wouldn't doubt he did something similar. There's many plugins out there that do the same sort of thing.

Attachments

• Enhance.png
    Enhance.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PEQ.png
    PEQ.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 17
I thought i had read the Omega and Fortin were coming to Axe

As far as others Canadian designer
Revv and of course the most popular
Wizard those heads are incredible

I’d love to hear the Omega and Fortin stuff on the Axe. Where was it posted that they’re gonna be modeled ?

Hmmm I wonder if Neural / Line 6 / Kemper get some of these amp companies to sign exclusive contracts with them? 🤔 Like, to prevent them from licensing to a competing amp modeler. That would be a huge bummer if they have for any of the amps in this thread.

Hmmm I wonder if Neural / Line 6 / Kemper get some of these amp companies to sign exclusive contracts with them? 🤔 Like, to prevent them from licensing to a competing amp modeler. That would be a huge bummer if they have for any of the amps in this thread.

Most of the amps aren't in there through agreement with the manufacturer; hence the alternative names. Exclusivity agreements could only prevent an amp manufacturer from allowing a competitor to use their name, they couldn't stop the model from appearing.

Back
Top Bottom