So ready for a new heavy amp! Not talking weight here but girth!!! I get new guitars for gas but I can't get new amps because I'm a AxeIII JUNKY!!!
Dude all of this +97578545374...I just started a thread asking for some help trying to coax some particular low to mid gain tones out of the Mesa models in the Axe (e.g. pushed clean, edge of breakup, crunchy, slightly dirty, and overdriven territory). It would be a whole lot easier if some of the following voicings from Mesa that are specifically geared towards this territory were available (ordered by preference).
- ‘Blues’ from the Tremoverb.
- ‘Crunch’ and 'Tweed' from the Mark V. I saw in the wikki that Cliff owns a Mark V, so this might not be that much of a stretch.
- ‘Pushed Clean’ and ‘Raw’ from the 3 channel Rectifier. Don’t know why these were left out when this amp was originally modeled, but if it is still around, how about finishing this one off?
- Really a model of every channel and voicing in the Tremoverb would be clutch. The Tremoverb is regarded by many as the best sounding Rectifier version Mesa has ever made, so yeah here’s a request for a third recto model (or a fourth if you count the Thordendal model)!
- ‘Brit’ and ‘Tweed’ from the Roadster/Road King. Bottom of the list, but worthy options if none of the above ever some to fruition.
If anyone has ideas on existing models in the Axe that come close to coaxing similar tones as these voicings, we can carry the discussion on over on this thread (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...d-clean-slightly-dirty-and-overdriven.156547/).
As far as I know, every channel of the Stealth model can be dialed in more gainy. I think the sound of the 6L6 Stealth is reachable with some tweaks. But to my ear, I never came close to the EL34. Leon Todd made a cool video about that, but that's not really satisfying to me either.Are the preamps between these amps identical? I know the Green channels are different (6L6 Stealth Green is more gainy) but I’m not sure about the Blue or Red channels.
There is already a GK cab in the Axe FX III.Aguilar DB751 Amp
(plus some Aguilar cabs)
Gallien Krueger RB800
Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II or 700RB-II
(plus GK cabs, probably some of the Neo cabs in addition to the older RBH series)
Markbass Little Mark Tube (or some other Tube+Class D combo, from GK perhaps)
Pretty much any new bass amplifier and cabinets would be welcome. Beggars can't be choosers...