Wireless from AX8 out to PA board?

CipherHost

Experienced
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have never used wireless on my music equipment before.

I did a quick search for wireless on the forum, but they all discussed was from guitar to AX8. I would like to know if I could go wireless from the AX8 to the PA board. Is it the same deal, or is there too much difference in the signal? Is there a difference using the 1/4 inch or XLR?

Thanks!

I've not thought about that before, but I'm gonna try it just to see what happens.

I usually go stereo XLR from the AX8 to the stereo PA though, for the full effect

Usually, wireless is used to get you from your instrument to the device (AxeFx, DI, effect pedals, etc.) from which you are hard-wired from there to the PA. Most venues that provide FOH either have a L/R feed you provide, of a full FOH system where you connect to their snake and they mix it for you.
It can also be used to send your monitor mix to your IEM's, so you can be completely wireless on a stage and hear the same thing no matter where you are on it.
I have never seen anyone go wireless from a device like the A8 direct to the board.
No reason why you couldn't as wireless mics are often connected in that manner.

Agree with s0c9. The AX8 is stationary on the floor. No reason to move it around. I see plenty of reason not to be tethered to the AX8, and really like the freedom I get from my wireless (Line 6 G-90). I'm just not getting the reason to be wireless from the AX8 to the board. Am I missing something?

Thank you for all the responses!

I've not thought about that before, but I'm gonna try it just to see what happens.

Can your wireless system handle line level? That was my main concern. When all is said and done, I suppose an XLR cable is going to be a more reliable connection.

Thank you for all the responses!
Can your wireless system handle line level? That was my main concern. When all is said and done, I suppose an XLR cable is going to be a more reliable connection.
One of the great features of the Fractal is the output options. You can use XLR, or 1/4" and choose stereo (if you have 2 lines) or mono (and use L/R Sum) and still have a 2nd output for a stage monitor. I have never encountered a gig where I could not get connected to a PA.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have never used wireless on my music equipment before.

I did a quick search for wireless on the forum, but they all discussed was from guitar to AX8. I would like to know if I could go wireless from the AX8 to the PA board. Is it the same deal, or is there too much difference in the signal? Is there a difference using the 1/4 inch or XLR?

Thanks!
I have stood beside the board with my guitar wirelessly connected to my AX8 to hear how it sounds in the venue. In my case it introduces lag due to the distance. OK for soundcheck but not for performing.

Back
Top Bottom