Will another Axe-Fx II Firmware be released soon?

Good call.......sorry I blew up.:frog:

So much happening & so fast with all the updates it's easy to miss things. I would like to see a fully operational Axe Edit myself but any new amps, features etc. are always welcome. (Cliff doesn't work on Axe Edit so I'm not pushing him on it LOL!)

I for one thinks there is plenty of amps already. Not sure what adding would do at this point?? If he adds fine....but I'm great the way things are currently. Sometimes we are spoiled into expecting more and more and more from cliff....kind of in the realm of GAS really.

At list it doesn't take up more space in my studio!

I have enough to play with for a couple years and I still won't use all of the amps.
Cliff wait till your baby gets to the vegetables the Multi-colored poop, the smells will make your eyes cross. Good times :)

the guy just had a baby boy a week ago...how about giving them a break.

sheesh

A week ago? Man, it's not like he's getting any sleep. He's might even be looking for valid excuses to sneak away to the office...... to get some sleep :)

edit: If he hasn't already, I highly recommend doing something i just heard about - hire a night nurse! They watch the baby so parents can get some sleep. It's absolutely killer to not get sleep for so long.

I am personally set for the most part with amps aside from an ADA MP1 or another Orange or Fender Champ (all of which I can do perfectly fine without) what I'd like to see is more fx like different choices for Flangers an some more Drives etc

More amps? I have hardly tried most of what we have.I try another one and find myself stuck there it sounds so good.Take some time for your family I'll be ready for more amps by this time next year.

More new awesome amps coming, that's why.

Well, there it is.

This is the sad truth that none of us wants to admit, isn't it?

Given both the status of the Axe FX II as an "ultimate" guitar tone icon and the expense involved in assembling a complete Axe rig, I think it's safe to say that no one enters this particular club without having spent years as a hopeless GAS-addict.

We're the guys who bought amp after amp--heedless of the nights in the doghouse and the missed car insurance payments-only to be happy for a short time before starting to search again, because the new one was "almost there." The guys who've ebay'd enough pedals to fill a pedalboard made from a Wal-Mart roof.

If you've ever had a gear purchase sent somewhere other than your house, you're one the people I'm talking about.

And most of us, while we listed and sold gear that no longer satisfied us in order to save up for the Axe FX, and then paid our dues on the waiting lists, were thinking the same thing: "this is the last rig I'll have to buy. I'll tie myself to the mast like Odysseus and weather the storm, and then I'll be home, and the quest can end."

But it didn't.

And it won't.

Because it isn't about getting the proper tools for a job that brings in income, at least, it's not just about that, though we've reassured ourselves and our significant others with that justification nearly enough times to believe it.

It's about hunger.

And that hunger is the thing that makes it so frustrating to actually feel satisfied for a change. If the Axe FX only made one great amp sound, it would be different; we could go back to business as usual, but it doesn't. It makes a boatload of great amp sounds, not to mention great pedals and cabs.

So we internalize the GAS, diverting it into the search for the best ir to go with the best amp sim, the parameter-tweaking quest for the magic combination of tone stack and dynamic presence that makes a great tone into an incredible one.

And it does work--I have no desire to buy another amp, and I doubt I ever will, unless it's an Axe FX III (actually, I'll probably wait for the IV).

But, satisfied or not, (or at least as satisfied as folks like us can ever be), toss a hint of an imminent upgrade our way, or infer that there might be another great amp on the way (despite the embarrassment of riches that's already there), and we're yapping like mutts at the the back door of a steakhouse.

Once an addict, always an addict.

honestly, Cliff could've stoped at the axe 1 stadard and it would've already changed my life!

i use to create music with a boss gx-700 sounding like a shit going down a drain...

im soooooooo happy since i got the axe 1 standard, and i now have the axe 2 since fw 1.0......

but i also must confess...

my name is Nic, im an addict.

Let's just be honest... some of us are just musicians, and some of us are just technology junkies. If you're a musician first and just want to create music, the Axe with v10 is more than you'll probably ever need. But, if music is secondary to the fun you have just fiddling with knobs, then no product, however great will ever be enough.

Glad you made the distinction of brand new baby cause he already has plenty of babies here on the forum lol.

Guys, give the man a break. He has a brand new baby.

The title of this thread has been changed because I would rather not receive dozens of PMs asking why it didn't happen if nothing happens.

Fully understand that a new baby changes all timelines, but I was wondering about this new FW release, too. I'm on 10.02 because when 10.05 came out (May 9), Cliff said this:

I would wait. It's a very minor update. There will be a big update with the new amps in a week or two.

I've had my Axe lockup twice this week & I'm ready to upgrade to 10.05 unless the new FW is "imminent". :)

Back
Top Bottom