Will another Axe-Fx II Firmware be released soon?

Less time sleeping = more time for coding. I would fully expect/demand that the updates will now appear at a faster rate. He's owes us that much at least.

There may be more than enough amps already that is true....but who doesnt want more amps? seriously

Anyways my chase is not exclusively for tone, but for feel+tone together. I love the way certain types of amps feel under my fingers on the fretboard. My preferences lean towards a very specific type of bounce, sponginess and body. Amps that have this for me are for example the XTC, SLO, Plexi, Carol Ann, and a couple more. These all give me a feel that I love but with different voices.

If I can find more amps with my preferred feel and a different cool voice, well then Im in tone heaven.

really??
a brand new baby after just getting recent Firmware upgrades and a thread like this is even on here?
there are a few people on this forum that need a slap reality.

really??
a brand new baby after just getting recent Firmware upgrades and a thread like this is even on here?

Some of you people need to relax man. Im just excited about the amps that Cliff mentioned would be released soon

And who changed my Thread Title anyways...what a bunch of Nazis

Whats the point of this forum if we cant share our excitement for something. Whats with all the bad vibes

+1

It's not out of line to check up on things that have offically been announced.
I've been loving the staggering amount of IR's that have been released in recent months - that alone has increased my range of tones hugely.
No problems at all with the Axe FX II, just hanging in there for the new Axe Edit as ( understandably ) the 1.9 beta has done some very interesting things, most annoying of all being saving a patch with settings a world away from the patch I actually created !!
Back on topic though - somewhere, something is always happening in the world of FAS and it's usually fantastic.

really??

You shouldn't take threads like this so seriously. It's not like Cliff is hauling sulfer up a mountain for work. I'm betting he loves his work. These posts aren't pestering him or burdening him.

Additionally, I didn't see any announcement here of the baby. I don't know Cliff, so have no insight to his personal life. Congrats but that doesn't affect my opinion of the Axe. Cliff gets a ton of well deserved kudos and love grams from fans here. I don't see where anybody has done anything except be eager. And if he's where he should be with a newborn (home and not checking the forum) then he's totally oblivious to this.

The person who was trying to avoid the avalanche of PMs was Matt. So if this were to annoy anyone, it would appear it's him, not Cliff. I don't know if Matt has a newborn at home, but since he's on the forum posting, I'm going to guess he doesn't. I can totally understand why he made his comment - to avoid a million inquiries.

Nobody is seriously upset because a new firmware isn't here yet. We're just excited for the time it arrives - each for his own reason.

A couple of posters stole my thunder (guess I should stay on the ball).

1) It will go to 11! (No, wait that would be FW11)
2) Cliff himself said the new FW with new models would drop when the 10.05 patch was put up

Levels heads should prevail. In general I don't see people being rude or unreasonably demanding inquiring about the new FW, especially when the developer leaks the news (and as we can see the developer hasn't taken down this thread). And no need to insult people eager for a new FW. I myself am much more concerned right now about Axe-Edit 3 and new device specific Mac OS X drivers but I always get excited when a new FW drops. The new models are always value added and I don't think having more area to explore makes me less of a musician (although I admit I have wasted TONS of time noodling that could have been applied to practice, performance, composition and recording). What I think is most relevant here is that every FW improves the sound. Cliff and team always come up with some EE magic documented in the release notes about why this FW is better (we've switched to 10 trillion mega-ohm unobtainium triode-capaciters in the phase II power inverters or whatever). Better is better. We're making albums here and playing shows where we have that one moment to blow away the audience. We love FW 10. Things are awesome. But no doubt new FW's will be more awesome.

The OP just asked a question ... look at your viper responses. Bunch of obnoxious people in here.

Someone asks when.
Someone says soon.
"Soon" arrives and people complain it's not out yet.
Someone explains why it's not out.
People complain that FAS doesn't care about its customers.
Cliff and team makes it happen sooner than planned due to complaints.
People are ecstatic with the new whatever and love FAS, the best company ever!
Someone soon asks when is the next thing.
Someone says soon...

Compare this to other manufacturers like Line6? They promised to fix the cabs in POD HD 2-3 years ago. Where is that update? The sad thing is that people take these updates for granted.. like "we deserve" an update already. What have we done to deserve an update? The only thing I can come up with is someone sent all their amps to Cliff... five years ago.

Back
Top Bottom