Will another Axe-Fx II Firmware be released soon?

I for one thinks there is plenty of amps already. Not sure what adding would do at this point?? If he adds fine....but I'm great the way things are currently. Sometimes we are spoiled into expecting more and more and more from cliff....kind of in the realm of GAS really.

You can achieve just about any tone with the 80+ existing amps...don't know why people need a 'few more' all the time. Hell, I've only used about 5 amps thoroughly, and there's another 15 or so I'd love to get around to still.

Let's just be honest... some of us are just musicians, and some of us are just technology junkies. If you're a musician first and just want to create music, the Axe with v10 is more than you'll probably ever need. But, if music is secondary to the fun you have just fiddling with knobs, then no product, however great will ever be enough.

You can achieve just about any tone with the 80+ existing amps...don't know why people need a 'few more' all the time. Hell, I've only used about 5 amps thoroughly, and there's another 15 or so I'd love to get around to still.

All because of what its called. If its called "Uber rare amp you've always wanted" its going to somehow sound better than if it merely is amp #79.

Its a pretty funny thing how much perception and brand associates influence behavior. Take a cab IR for example. If it was simply called Cab 5, and it was also called Marshall TV1960 w/ Rola era Greenbacks, people would quite often say the "Marshall" cab sounds better even though they are the same. We just want it to sound better, its a classic after all, how could it not be fantastic ?

Take a Peavey Classic 30, but a Two Rock badge on it and some players would magically hear it sounding better, because we think it should be better, because of brand reputation.

I know I'm guilty of this. I think its cooler having the Appetite amp rather than just some modeled "English" amp. I loved that album and feeling I've got a version of the head just is cooler than an equally great sound but generic model.

Let's just be honest... some of us are just musicians, and some of us are just technology junkies. If you're a musician first and just want to create music, the Axe with v10 is more than you'll probably ever need. But, if music is secondary to the fun you have just fiddling with knobs, then no product, however great will ever be enough.
I applaud this post. Nail on head, and one of the very reasons I keep a small warehouse sized arsenal of analog amps and cabs at my disposal. I like a "singular" amp and cab. Why? Because it's simple - and in all of my current cases - sounds awesome with little to no "fiddling". Unfortunate thing? Can't make a Diezel sound like a Bogner sound like a Two Rock sound like a Mesa sound like a Friedman. Enter the Axe-II.

All because of what its called. If its called "Uber rare amp you've always wanted" its going to somehow sound better than if it merely is amp #79.
first of all I'd have to say that I'd be fine with new additions and also if there weren't any additions at all. but, I don't believe it's about "better" at this point, but DIFFERENT. before MIMIC it was a bit like that newer models became better because Cliff learned a lot in the process. now with the amps being so accurate, they are all good (depending on taste in sound of course, but good as in accurate to the original), but there are still "different" amps out there. maybe those can be achieved by heavy advanced tweaking, maybe some not. and sometimes even Cliff mentions an amp to be quite unique. be it in the tonestack, the break up bloom...whatever. so in that regard I believe there are still a few out there and I can absolutely understand people looking forward to them...

Back
Top Bottom