Why is nobody mentioning a larger display?

Thought I saw where the display screen was larger and easier to see. For me this is a big plus for my aging eyes. For those whom have seen the Axe II is it a big difference or just slightly noticeable? This alone could make me upgrade.

It's much larger, and all the visible stuff is at one place - I like it this way!

axe-fx-ultra-frontpanel.jpg

axe-fx-ii-front-panel-600.jpg

Last edited:
... and the calculator like keys (from the old version) are changed into professional looking keys :)

I will definitely like having all of the visual portions of the Axe in one place. Input/Output meters next to the screen is a big ++++.

Is that pic accurate? If the display is bigger but the font/layout is the exact same size, how is that an advantage? It looks like there is just more space between the different sections of the display.

Bigger screen shows more grids, longer preset names maybe...
However, I see the screen now is not leveled with the front panel. Will dust get collected over time?

Bigger screen shows more grids, longer preset names maybe...
However, I see the screen now is not leveled with the front panel. Will dust get collected over time?
I think that is just an optical illusion due to the angle of the fractal circles or clouds (or whatever they are) being closer to the screen.

I don't see that it's easier to read... the fonts look the same size in both units. Bigger screen size = more real estate to add more info, text, tabs, and virtual knobs on the screen at one time/instance. I like it.

If you had trouble seeing it with an Standard/Ultra before, it appears that you'll still have the same amount of trouble with the Axe 2.

Mehh... with the AXE-Edit hooked up to my 40" touch screen monitor... who cares!

:eek:
Just kidding

Back
Top Bottom