Why I won't be using the cab block for recording any more

Well this is embarrassing.

I refused to believe that there could be that much difference as I've extensively tested UltraRes in the past. So I just ran some tests and, sure enough, there was a difference. Turns out UltraRes has been broke since Version 16.03. We made some code optimizations and moved some stuff between stack and heap and missed a variable.

Sooooo... Version 18.07 will coming soon.

Maybe this can help:

Regression testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Test automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Static Analysis Tools for C/C++ and Ada - Polyspace - MathWorks Deutschland
Parasoft C/C++test: Comprehensive dev testing tool for C/C++

It may be interpreted that way, but he might just be trying to be helpful.

I guess you could be right. It didn't strike me that way,but what do I know?

I will say that as an IT person myself making this sort of comment is like telling a master mechanic how to use a ratchet. Anyone who understands the methodologies described in those links would know that a programmer of Cliff's skill level is already aware of these things.
But like I said, maybe you're right. Who knows what's in another man's heart?

Sorry for the double post. I'm in a bad cell area and didn't realize that the first post went through.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been covered already, but in 170ms, sound travels about 170 feet. So the sound can bounce across a 17 foot room 10 times. So, yeah, plenty of room there.

Also, in 170ms, your low E string (80 hz) vibrates back and forth about 13 times. I don't know how many cycles it needs, but 13 cycles ought to be enough for the computer to get really bored of watching that low E.

FWIW, as someone who is educated in this area, those links were so simple minded they were insulting to someone developing at Cliff's level (especially the wikipedia links). Interns understand regression testing, etc.

I'm all about sarcasm and that came off flippant to me. That's the type of stuff you'd point a noob @ if you were throwing him a bone and chastising him at the same time. Hopefully, it was just a poorly formed joke.

No it was pretty snide. He knew what he was doing when he wrote that. Troll city.

a3cd676c033497a87edc347e6f5c2818.jpg

Not worth responding to troll or troll-like post. Regardless of his intentions, you guys racked up more post talking about him than the guy posted since 2013. If he was sincere in being (not very) helpful, or just wanted to be rude to Cliff for whatever reason, it was just one post out of an otherwise interesting thread that spans 8 pages. I wouldn't give the post, or the member another thought, at least in this thread

I've wondered why two notes haven't made a version of their hardware that will handle nebula cab ir's, seems like a logical progression to me.

Well this is embarrassing.

I refused to believe that there could be that much difference as I've extensively tested UltraRes in the past. So I just ran some tests and, sure enough, there was a difference. Turns out UltraRes has been broke since Version 16.03. We made some code optimizations and moved some stuff between stack and heap and missed a variable.

Sooooo... Version 18.07 will coming soon.

Wait, what? So you're saying we've been using these awesome new G3 amp models, but not the awesome cabs to go with them?!
DOH!
Haha, now I really gotta update my Axe.

I guess that this explains all those people who went back to FW 15, citing that they preferred the sound over FW 18. I can't believe that nobody else has picked up on it, myself included. Perhaps these people will now give FW 18 and the G3 modelling another chance.

Wait, what? So you're saying we've been using these awesome new G3 amp models, but not the awesome cabs to go with them?!
DOH!
Haha, now I really gotta update my Axe.

I guess that this explains all those people who went back to FW 15, citing that they preferred the sound over FW 18. I can't believe that nobody else has picked up on it, myself included. Perhaps these people will now give FW 18 and the G3 modelling another chance.

Well let's be realistic guys. The difference is there, but it's not like IT sounded horrible before or something. Many people were using it and records came out using this modeling. Also, many people in this very thread could not hear the difference in my recordings, so that should tell you enough about this. Still I'm glad because I do hear a difference and think more people will get those extra little things that push the realism on this great piece of kit.

Back
Top Bottom