Why I can’t get delay repeats on one side?

Stevelow74

Inspired
Hi to all!
I’m trying to emulate a WDW in the AF. It’s pretty good to me but I’m struggling to get the repeats of the delay on the side.
I can always hear the delays on both sides even if they are pan hard left and right .I’m doing this on studio monitors ( emulating not the real thing) .
Can anyone help me? Is it a system setting I’m missing?
Thanks,
Steve

struggling to get the repeats of the delay on the side

I can always hear the delays on both sides even if they are pan hard left and right
panned hard left and right would put delay on both left and right usually.

please tell us what you're doing to try and get it on one side and we can say what may be going wrong.

i'm also not sure if the problem is

you're trying to get delay repeats on one side only
or
you don't have delay repeats on one of the sides

Is your Cab block Stereo? Are the cabs panned?

Is Delay before the Cab or after? Is it before the Amp? Is it before anything else that is summing to mono?

Post at least a screenshot but a preset would be best.

Replace the delay with the Ping-Pong delay type. Do you still hear the repeats through the middle? If yes, you have an issue in the global parameters or in your preset layout.

What blocks do you have after the Delay block(s)? A block after the delay(s) could be summing to mono.

Posting the preset would help the troubleshooting process.

Thanks fot the feedback, as soon as i get home I’ll post the preset.
In any case the delay is a dual delay after the amp but before the cab. The cab is stereo and panned hard left and hard right.
I tried even in mono using a single ir with ir player and pan it to the right with the delay mix at 100%… I still hear it on both left and right….

Thanks fot the feedback, as soon as i get home I’ll post the preset.
In any case the delay is a dual delay after the amp but before the cab. The cab is stereo and panned hard left and hard right.
I tried even in mono using a single ir with ir player and pan it to the right with the delay mix at 100%… I still hear it on both left and right….
can you please specifically say what you want to achieve?

Do you want the delay to only appear on the Right side? I’m still not sure what you’re asking.

can you please specifically say what you want to achieve?

Do you want the delay to only appear on the Right side? I’m still not sure what you’re asking.
I’m trying to get only the repeats on the right side, no repeats in the center. I’m going for a wdw: so dry in the middle and the delays on the side. 400ms on the left and 250 on the right, only repeats.

Edit: sorry i missed you're not using real WDW but stereo monitors. Anyways, Check that in SETUP from the front panel: Output 1 configuration: mode : stereo. Put the delay after the cab block and use Dual delay . In the delay settings check that the "Feeback L->R and R->L are both zero, otherwise they will bleed into other sides and therefore make the stereo effect less clear.

Sum L+R or Copy L+R options there will make the output mono no matter what you do in the preset.

Attachments

• IMG_5124.jpeg
    IMG_5124.jpeg
    900.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5127.jpeg
    IMG_5127.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Edit: sorry i missed you're not using real WDW but stereo monitors. Anyways, Check that in SETUP from the front panel: Output 1 configuration: mode : stereo. Put the delay after the cab block and use Dual delay . In the delay settings check that the "Feeback L->R and R->L are both zero, otherwise they will bleed into other sides and therefore make the stereo effect less clear.

Sum L+R or Copy L+R options there will make the output mono no matter what you do in the preset.Im
I'm Set to Stereo as out1

everything looks ok there, so it could be what's happening after. we know you're listening on monitors, but what's in between the axe and the monitors?

Normal route Guitar- axefx 3 - spdif out - symphony desktop - monitors…
make sure in the symphony control app that the spdif input is set to stereo. if it's on two separate channels, either link them together as a stereo pair or pan one left and one right.

I’m trying to get only the repeats on the right side, no repeats in the center. I’m going for a wdw: so dry in the middle and the delays on the side. 400ms on the left and 250 on the right, only repeats.
Make sure you have different delay times on the left and the right. When monitoring on stereo speakers, having the same delay on left and right is indistinguishable from having the delay right up the middle.

Last edited:
Make sure you have different delay times on the left and the right. When monitoring on stereo speakers, having the same delay on left and right is indistinguishable from havingp the delay right up the middle.
look at his photo attachments. that's what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom