Why do people criticize guitar covers or band covers?

Not to mention that however progressive you think you are today, your kids will look at you as some racist sexist anachronistic relic from the past tomorrow. Karma's truly a bitch!
Yeah. They will usually compare you to the current baseline, not to the baseline when you were doing your bit....

Very well put. I always figure the point of a bar band is to get people dancing and having fun and sell drinks. Their job is not to impress the handfull of musicians that are out there picking apart the performance. That attitude is what bothers me about musicians, and I don't claim to be immune to it, but I do make an effort to turn off the musical criticism part of the brain when I see other bands play and just try to enjoy it for what it is. Then again it is impossible to do that with my own music. Lol like many of us, I tend to be my own worst critic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, musicians make for the worst audience. Each and every one will stand there and look at you thinking 'you're shite, I can do better, I should be up there, not you.' Unless you outclass them so much its not even funny anymore. Then like good little beta bitches they will submit to the alpha. That's why the likes of Steve Vai or Joe Satriani haven't blown their brains out, as 99% of their audience consists of other musicians.

I've been in several cover bands and even a tribute band, playing more or less songs like the original.
Why ? To get easy gigs, audience and see them enjoy it and sing !
I think they will forgive a lead variation, but main structure and singing must be there.

Back
Top Bottom