Who's using pedals with the AX8?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Personally I can get everything I like with the AX8 and at least two expression pedals. I'm thinking of adding a third expression pedal to control delay, reverb, gain and a few other parameters.

I know many like to add additional pedals, if so what are you adding to an AX8 based rig?

2 pedal setup here, but one is an analog volume pedal in running signal through. I'm contemplating swapping it out with an expression just so I can move it around in the chain if needed.

I very rarely need wah and have never gotten into the whammy thing, so my expression pedal is for morphing.

I'm interested to know why you would ever need more than 2?

I use one as a global volume (input level) and one as multi expression (different parameters depending on preset).

I'm interested to know why you would ever need more than 2?

I use one as a global volume (input level) and one as multi expression (different parameters depending on preset).

I use one as a dedicated volume & a second primarily for pitch or wah. If I had a third I would use it for delay/reverb & effects levels. Of course you could easily do this with only two pedals by having different presets, but having those available would create much more control and options with a single preset. I can even think of uses for four exp. pedals :). After all we have four exp. jacks available.

So far I will be using one exp pedal and one TC polytune II tuner ( I cannot live without the polytune mode)

There has not been any rocking pedals on my pedal board for the last few years - I thougt about running Ax8 without an exp pedal, but adding one seemed to add quite a few sonic possibilities

Once I get my AX8 back from Fractal, I'll be using a Walrus Deep Six compressor pre-input, then a POG 2 in the AX8 effects loop. An EV-1 will be my volume pedal, and I'll have a Boss FS-5U or two hooked up as external switches, though I haven't fully decided what to do with them yet.

I am going to set my AX8 up the following way: an EV-1 for Volume/Wah needs, I am going to build a custom controller that has dual expression wheels on it for controlling mix levels of Reverb, Delay, Modulation Effects....and it will also have a single button on it to act as a momentary switch for Tremolo or Rotary effects. I also plan to run a Greer Amps Tarpit Fuzz in front of the AX8(I don't really like the Fuzz boxes in the Axe and I prefer it to be the first thing in the chain for dynamic reasons). This is a similar setup to what I had on my Axe FX II rack rig. I found out that I either used a volume block or wah block in my patches, so there was no need to have 2 Expression pedals. I used the crap out of my dual expression wheel controller, so I am adding it to the AX8 setup. I also had a 4 button external controller that I essentially used the momentary switch on the most to turn on Tremolo/Rotary while I stepped on it, then it shut off when I let go...so I am going to add that single switch to it.

You know you'll need to use a TRS - 2x TS cable to make the R2E2 work? AX8 doesn't support two switches on one TRS cable like the MFC-101 does. Wouldn't want you to have any undue surprises after buying it!

Yes... I was aware of that and I already have a cable ready to go, thanks for the heads up though ;)

Just adding a question to this thread. Why do some of you use rather expensive Mission exp. pedals?
For a few $$$ I can buy one or two 2nd hand Crybaby wahs, pull out the guts, and put in a 100K pot.
So for the price of one Mission, I get two self made exp's and save some money........

Well - that and the fact that I will not have to invest an hour of my time that could otherwise have been spent playing guitar :)

If you've already got one or two EV-1 pedals, this might make a nice addition:
http://dbinstrumentamp.com/drupal/content/4e-dual-axis-expression-pedal

Though I don't have any EV's I went with this pedal because of the space saving that it offers. Trying to keep things as small as I can while maintaining maximum flexibility with the AX8 platform!

I know that there are smaller expression pedals out there but imho there are too small and look kind of funny compared to the rest of the components and have a weird feel under your foot.

Back
Top Bottom