Who's gone all-in on Fractal?

marsonic

Power User
This is probably the wrong place to post this, but....I couldn't think of a better one. Or the title....couldn't think what was right.

Since I got my FM3, I haven't even looked at pedals or amps. I haven't plugged in my old rig since a couple days after getting it. But, I haven't really sold anything yet because of it. I did sell my last good amp, but that process started when I was using a Simplifier.

Who's actually sold everything else? Do you regret it?

I don't need the money from it, but the gear is just gathering dust. I've been looking at a handful of other upgrades (monitor DAC, AI, mics, pres, and different treatments for a makeshift live room specifically to record a friend if she decides she actually wants to), and it feels like it would make it a little less painful to start that process if I'm trading out things instead of just adding them.

Any thoughts?

Remember, you always need a backup rig. Even a Fractal can have issues. I only have one amp left, my Louis Electric Buster boutique Tweed Deluxe which I'll never sell. Then I have an old AXE FX Mark II which I bought while waiting a year for the FM3 to ship. I use it as an effects processor for the Buster and on it's own when I want to do dual amps.

Remember, you always need a backup rig. Even a Fractal can have issues. I only have one amp left, my Louis Electric Buster boutique Tweed Deluxe which I'll never sell. Then I have an old AXE FX Mark II which I bought while waiting a year for the FM3 to ship. I use it as an effects processor for the Buster and on it's own when I want to do dual amps.
I should probably clarify that I'm a hobbyist guitarist. I have backups and essentially B rigs for other things that matter, though they're rarely even close to the quality of my A rig for the given thing.

It would be annoying if the Fractal died or needed to be sent in for repair or something, but it wouldn't drastically affect my life to have to send it in for repair or replace it.

I could just play my acoustic for a while or borrow some cheap amp from somebody or probably rent one from my local tech/shop. And, I probably would throw together a minimal pedalboard in case I decided to go to a jam or something (like....just a tuner, TS, and delay kind of minimal...something that would work on basically any amp).

I went all in on Fractal for electric, bass and acoustic gigs. I like it, but I have a different backup for each and I use them all in certain situations. IMO, every guitarist needs to have an amp/minimal pedalboard in their back pocket!

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but....I couldn't think of a better one. Or the title....couldn't think what was right.

Since I got my FM3, I haven't even looked at pedals or amps. I haven't plugged in my old rig since a couple days after getting it. But, I haven't really sold anything yet because of it. I did sell my last good amp, but that process started when I was using a Simplifier.

Who's actually sold everything else? Do you regret it?

I don't need the money from it, but the gear is just gathering dust. I've been looking at a handful of other upgrades (monitor DAC, AI, mics, pres, and different treatments for a makeshift live room specifically to record a friend if she decides she actually wants to), and it feels like it would make it a little less painful to start that process if I'm trading out things instead of just adding them.

Any thoughts?
I’m only using the fm3 but I’m not getting rid of my pedals and amp. I’ve learned you always need a backup and there’s also the nostalgia. My other gear has miles on it and it all means something to me so gathering dust or not I’m gonna hold onto all.

I just got mine this week with the intention to do just that if it worked out, which after just a few days, I'm pretty sold on.

I have a Tone Master I like, but not enough to keep a thousand dollar amp taking up room. And a couple pedals I'll keep, but at least half are nothing special so those I won't. Then I can see getting like a little 5w tube, like that Supro Delta King that goes on sale sometimes for under $400...or not. Like you, I'm a hobbyist, so if something happened I could just get by on my acoustic and my Mustang Micro, which was actually getting quite a bit of use before the FM3 arrived (there's something to be said for the convenience of plopping down on any couch or chair in the house with just my guitar and headphones to start playing).

All in! When I first got Fractal in 2016 (the II) I had my Line 6 DT25 as a backup. Never ever used it. I sold it last year. I still have my JCM 800 2205 with 1960a cab, but I literally have not plugged into that for 10 years. It's pretty but takes up a lot of space. I'd sell it but heavy amps and cabs are tough to sell.

I did sold everything too and now I'm full fractalized!
I had a huge amount of pedals etc. and first I sold all of them and used the FX8 together with my tube amps.
And when I tried the AXE III, there was no reason to me to keep my tube amps.
I had a custom made Friedman BE DLX 100, SLO and Steavens, all with matching 2x12 and 4x12.
Now I'm only using my AXEIII with In Ears and RedSound FRFR Speakers.
I couldn't be happier and I have the best tone since the las 25 years.
No more carrying heavy gear to gigs and rehearsals, no more trying to mic an amp.
I'm just enyoing to play.

I was running FX II then FX III to GK Backline 600 (just power amp), but then I added Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra in loop of FX III, then added Darkglass ADAM and changed AO Ultra to AO Photon. Both are MIDI controlled from FX III.

Blackglass in FX III is also nice after modification.

To be clear, I am playing bass.

Back
Top Bottom