Who's gone all-in on Fractal?

I would say I'm almost all in, at least in practice. Externally I use a wah and whammy, and technically I have a Boss Blues Driver on the board because I got it as SWAG and thought "I should use this even though I have no use for this." Even with the wah, I sometimes just use the wah block + expression.

The only other thing, I don't even count it as "I own an amp" anymore, but if we're being technical... I still have an old Peavey UltraTube 410 that I've been too lazy to sell it for the last 10 years.

I don't think I've actually used a guitar amp for anything since around 2010 or so when I sold my 5150 combo. I went from DigiTech RP1000 full time, to the XL+, to the FM3. I will say I sometimes find myself wanting an amp when I get a really good sound in the Fractal, just wanting the have the real "amp in the room" thing. But I then remember that I won't be able to turn an RV50 up to 7 on the master so the sound wouldn't be nearly the same.

Depends upon the definition of ”all in”.
1. I sold the Kemper a long time ago.
2. Never use the Line 6 ( or the VG1, lol). I have no clue where the Pod went.
3. Still have the Digitech GSP2101 somewhere, lol.
4. I do know where the original SansAmp PSA-1 is stored.
5. Sold the boutique amps.
6. Will never ever part with my tweed-through-SF Fenders, vintage Marshalls, Dr Zs, ancient YBA-1 tube-rectified Traynor, Silvertone, Mesa Boogie Stereo-Studio and 295 Simul-Class, etc. amps.
7. Sold all the boutique pedals except my original, bought-new classics.

But yeah, I only play the Axe-FX out anymore. It does it all, except for the obvious (ie. Hopefully the other stuff listed above continues to appreciate).

Thinking about going all in and getting the axefx 3. I have an FX8 and a Laney lfr212 cabinet that is not for the FX8 ( though I thought it was).
But thinking of going all in with the axefx 3. If I do is the laney the best cab since it is frfr? Thanks for helping this newbie!

The good news is that there are no limits to how many amps (physical or virtual) that a person can have. Gear acquisition syndrome is a real condition! But for live gigs, I've be pretty much exclusive to one of the Fractal systems for many years now. I just love being able to rely on same sounds no matter where the gig is.

I sold my Kemper the next day but not my tube amps or cabs.
Still have my 1987X, JCM 2K DSL50, and my JMP-1 with my snake oil BBE. Oh, and a DSL20HR, might let that one go someday.
4x12 Bogner w/GBs, 2x12 Bogner w/CBs and the holy grail 1960AX.....they are not going anywhere.
Just played my JMP-1 rig today in the room....it's staying! Thought about selling it but just can't do it.
Axe FX is way cool but not getting rid of my glowing glass yet.

Back
Top Bottom