Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

Excellent. Many thanks. :) Just noticed that Dimension isn't showing up in Axe-Edit. Only a small thing I know.

Get well soon (only just out of bed myself from 5 days with the flu).

Mike, you have to open Axe Edit, then click on the settings...then preferences....then refresh, then refresh block definitions.

Wait for that process.

Then you should see all the new stuff.

You won't see the knobs or buttons for the new Squish features in the amp advanced tab. The Axe Edit guys have to put the knobs or buttons on the screen in a new update.

But you will see the new amp models and dimension d in drop down lists for those effect blocks, as listed in the release notes.

Now, this is provided, you can edit the chorus block and see dimension d as one of your chorus types - which confirms you updated properly.

Hope this helps.

Now, this is provided, you can edit the chorus block and see dimension d as one of your chorus types - which confirms you updated properly.

Point of note: while you'll see DIMENSION in the types in Axe-Edit, you won't see the new Dimension parameter. That parameter, as described in the release notes, lets you adjust the Dimension D settings. You can only access that from the hardware until a new Axe-Edit is released that incorporates this parameter. It defaults to MED when you select the DIMENSION type.

Added “Dimension” parameter to Chorus block. This engages a processing algorithm that simulates the Roland SDD-320 Dimension D chorus unit. This parameter has four settings:
Off: algorithm is disengaged.
Low: A neutral version of the Dimension D with no frequency coloration. Med: Classic Dimension D processing buttons 1-3.
High: Classic Dimension D processing button 4.

Not sure if I'm doing this right. I set "Output 2 Echo" parameter to "Input 1" and ran cable from Output 2 L to input on audio interface and didn't get a signal. I tried a couple of inputs and checked the mixer utility and I'm almost positive I'd see a signal if it were present at the DAW input. Any suggestions? Thanks.

No comments on the Output 2 echo function? I can't get it to work (see my previous posts in this thread if you are interested)... It sounds like an awesome feature, I'm really looking forward to being able to use it.

Same here.

No FXL in patch. Using Input 1 L via front panel. Output 2 Echo set to "Input 1". Output 2 Mode set to "Stereo". Cable ran from Output 2 L to my Fireface.

I'm not seeing/hearing input at all on my Fireface.

Can someone please confirm that this feature works?

Thanks. Will give that a go. It usually refreshes block definitions, but didn't on this version. Did on the original beta though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I posted about 3 pages back on this thread and Cliff told me what to do.

If he names something 12.03beta1,2,3,4,99 as long as it is 12.03 at the beginning, Axe Edit is only going to update when you upgrade from 12.02 to 12.03beta, and not refresh for each subsequent beta in that group.

So, when he said he was going to test the new dimension d but broke a b string and we all reacted, he decided to add that to beta 2 or 3 and also the tiny terror, you couldn't see that in Axe Edit unless you forced the refresh.

Edit: Disregard this post - I saw your edit. You understand fully. I too, await the full firmware, and the associated Axe Edit update to support the new tweaks.

Well that cathode bias stuff felt real on the vox modell. Now It sound as nasty as a real one , I think.

But I´m a little surprised that it wasn´t modelled before.

Same here.

No FXL in patch. Using Input 1 L via front panel. Output 2 Echo set to "Input 1". Output 2 Mode set to "Stereo". Cable ran from Output 2 L to my Fireface.

I'm not seeing/hearing input at all on my Fireface.

Can someone please confirm that this feature works?

I'll check this later tonight.

Feel better and thank you ... the Car Roamer made my day. Couldn't find them in the latest release but I'm really looking forward to trying out those Citrus amps.

Last edited:
Feel better and thank you ... the Car Roamer made my day. Couldn't find them in the latest release but I'm really looking forward to trying out those Citrus amps.

If you upgraded to 12.03beta4 but you don't see them in Axe Edit yet, you have to refresh while having Axe Edit open. There are some old posts from a few hours ago about this.

Back
Top Bottom