Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

You can choose the new amps with Axe Edit, but I haven't been able to locate the control for Cathode Squish and Squish Time in edit. I think those may need to be adjusted from the front panel until an Axe Edit update. Of course I could be wrong and this is pure speculation on my part.

Put a few hours on the beta firmware over the last two nights, trying out new amps, barber pole phaser (very nice indeed...love this addition), played/adjusted my existing presets (I always unselect/reselect the amp block if modelling changes/parameters are added in new firmware; sometimes I reset the entire block to defaults), etc. both with the front panel and AxeEdit/Cab Lab without any problems...love the attention to the Class A/SE/cathode bias modelling and new amp additions. I expect to play a lot with the new parameters over the next few days..

Last edited:
Put a few hours on the beta firmware over the last two nights, trying out new amps, barber pole phaser (very nice indeed...love this addition), played with my existing presets, etc. both with the front panel and AxeEdit/Cab Lab without any problems...love the attention to the Class A/SE/cathode bias modelling and new amp additions. I expect to play a lot with the new parameters over the next few days...

Some folks have been asking for guidance on cathode bias ... so ... full report! ;)

I normally jump on these and never had a problem. But I got 2 CLR's due to drop tomorrow and gigs the rest of the week, gonna have to wait till next week to try. I need to eval the clr's against my k12's with 12.01 as is.
But next week!

Isn't the new AE supposed to query the Axe for current parameters?

AE can fetch new parameter values (such as new amp models) if the framework is already in place.
But it can't intelligently add entirely new parameters to the interface, such as the Squish parameters.

Thanks Yek that's the explanation I was looking for. I guess I'll just wait. I just created 2 Shows worth of presets for two different bands and it's way easier with Axe Edit.

No comments on the Output 2 echo function? I can't get it to work (see my previous posts in this thread if you are interested)... It sounds like an awesome feature, I'm really looking forward to being able to use it.

Have anyone noticed we now have a REALLY Nice FEEDBACK ??
I am sitting here playing low volum,and the feedback is so Nice,on a singing note

WOW !!!

Strange, I also had some singing feedback after updating that I did not attribute to the new firmware. Placebo?

Thank you Cliff for this beta update !
Cathode Squish and Squish Time are great improvments for me. Spend yesterday's evening playing with the AC30TB (which I didn't like that much to be honest), it sounds much nicier and "alive" to my ears. Like it very much now !

If you turn Cathode Squish to 0.0 it will be identical to 12.02. Try that. If it still sounds artificial then something else changed in your rig.

Today I did another test with 12.03beta. I put the AC30 TB in an empty preset, initialized the amp - and voilá - the sound improved. Somehow the original preset must have contained something strange. Anyway, now I can confirm too that the new FW improves the sound! Thank you Cliff for pointing me in the right direction.

Hi everyone is the 12.03 Beta compatible with the current Axe Edit 3.0.3 ?

If a new feature is added in the unit which needs a labeled knob or a clickable switch in Axe Edit, that has to be added in Axe Edit by the AE team. Until then, you can use the front panel to access new features.

The Trainwreck Liverpool has amazing dynamics. I left everything at default and lowered the input gain to 1.5. There you have everything from shimmering heights to crunchy rock just by how hard you pick. Amazing!!!

Reactions: ALE
Back
Top Bottom