Who uses just 1 Cabinet IR?

I use a single IR that I've generated using a IR generator/synthesizer program with fantastic results. I've been thinking of slightly tweaking it for use on clean/mild overdrive tones but have no real urgency to do so. I particularly like this IR since it has no phasing artifacts which I find objectionable, and is voiced similarly to the stock Fractal TV 4x12 cabinet.

Use 1 IR for the moment as I still need a better understanding of the application. Got the Ownhammer Moabi pack and found a mix that works for me. I may sometimes choose a different mix but I pretty much stick with this IR.

It’s one less thing to worry about
Those are a good set of IRs, a nice woody sound. I usually have one IR mix from the same pack or from the Ownhammer revolution pack.

I use the same IR with different mics and different high low cuts, I play with real cabs on stage (pre IR) and try to just match the sound of those as closely as possible so the audience is hearing a slightly upgraded version of my stage sound

I use the same two for everything. Celestion G12 - 65 and EVH.
Those Celestion IRs are quite enjoyable.
Which is the difference next to other irs? I mean the celestion ir are refered to the speaker not to a specific cab.. So what may change? Expecially in the cab block parameters? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom