Who is using the LFO's? What are you using it for?

Max Haze

Inspired
So what do you use the LFO's for. I had LFO possibility in my older GSP 1101. But I never came up with something to use them for. So I would like to know you use them for...

Any parameter that you want to move back and forth between to values at a certain speed. Panning, volume, de-tuning, Rotary speed, Wah/Filter, etc.....

You can link the speed to Tap Tempo too. Don't forget to try out the 'Type' and 'Duty' parameters.

Any parameter that you want to move back and forth between to values at a certain speed. Panning, volume, de-tuning, Rotary speed, Wah/Filter, etc.....

You can link the speed to Tap Tempo too. Don't forget to try out the 'Type' and 'Duty' parameters.
I seem to remember that you do something with LFOs on pitch for harmony presets, right?

I'm usually using the 'Pitch' controller for that stuff.
Ok... I've seen someone use the LFO to make small variations in one voice of a harmony so the harmonies are less "robotic"... Thought that was you but maybe not ;)

So what do you use the LFO's for. I had LFO possibility in my older GSP 1101. But I never came up with something to use them for. So I would like to know you use them for...
One case is to create an auto-wah - not an envelope filter, but a wah with a recurring fixed pattern.

LFOs are awesome. You can turn one effect into another with them... super powerful for FX heavy genres. One example of how deep the AxeFx is. I love the controller system and capabilities in general. I can still remember the first time I messed with scene controllers... amaze balls.

Is it to get a more exact speed? I mean you can set the spe on a panning block so why would you use the LFO?

LFOs are awesome. You can turn one effect into another with them... super powerful for FX heavy genres. One example of how deep the AxeFx is. I love the controller system and capabilities in general. I can still remember the first time I messed with scene controllers... amaze balls.
I can understand that you can do some cool things with these but I need a video to get some ideas. Have anybody seen a video about it?

Is it to get a more exact speed? I mean you can set the spe on a panning block so why would you use the LFO?
Just an example of a possible use....

Use it in a block to pan only a specific part, like only one of two voices in a pitch block, or both voices, but inverted, buy attaching one to LFO 1A and the other to LFO 1B, or use LFO 1 for one voice and LFO 2 for the other, set at different speeds and waveform types???

I like to use the LFO in a delay block when using that to simulate another guitar track, or create a fake stereo track, from a single mono source. I slightly vary the delay time with the LFO to add a bit of 'randomness' to the delayed second part to vary how two guitars playing together will be 'slightly off' from each other in a dynamic way which adds a bit more 'life' vs a static delay setting.

Last edited:
use it to wobble the pitch of the detune, fixed shifter, synth voices etc for richness (set to sin)
use it to pan stuff around (like delay repeats, pitch voices etc) (set to sin)
use it to change the motor speed in the tape delay (set to a square wave)
use it to create a sample and hold filter (set to random)
tie the depth of the lfo to a continuous controller, envelope or another internal controller for interesting effects

i'll add more as i think of them

one nice trick is to modulate the depth of an lfo with another controller

maybe watch this...you might get some ideas...

When it comes to using controllers and creating unusual, cool FX, you-da-man simeon. I love seeing how you creatively use them, and I've played with the many FX presets you've uploaded, from which I've learned a thing or two (ok, tons of things heh)...especially your synth presets.

Back
Top Bottom