Which part of amp is the most difficult thing to model ?

Crystal Lettuce is right. Subtle idiosyncrasies are a huge challenge, with regard to how a tube amp reacts, to whatever signal
is being thrown at it, how hot, bias settings etc.... Cliff has raised the bar here. I mean think about the stability of electrons,
bouncing off of the plate in a typical, say, EL-34, then recreating that in a digital domain, which is static and inflexible, as far as
audio goes. Ughh.

The little plink sounds after it's turned to standby

Seriously ... I don't understand analogue circuits nevermind the conversion to DSP ..... so I try not to think about it.

Yes to all, and don't forget the 50 year old nicotine glazed, vintage capacitors, the sound of a 1960's drake transformer, ready to fry.

Preamp ? Power amp section ? Someting else ?
Looks like ALL parts in the following models are most difficult to model (at least in terms of G3 technology modeling):

Bludojai Clean, Bluedojai Lead, Brit Pre, Brit Silver, Buttery, CA OD-2, Cali Leggy, Car Roamer, Citrus Bass 200, Class-A 15W TB, DIV/13 FT37 HI, DIV/13 FT37 LO, Energyball, Fryette D60 L, Fryette D60 M, Gibtone Scout, Hipower BRILLNT, Hipower Jumped, Hipower Normal, Hot Kitty, Jazz 120, MR Z MZ-8, Prince Tone, SOLO 99 Clean, SOLO 99 Lead, Spawn Nitrous, Super Verb, Supremo Trem, SV Bass, Tremolo Lux, USA Bass 400 1, USA Bass 400 2, USA SUB Blues, Vibra-King, Vibra-King Fat, Vibrato Verb AA, Vibrato Verb AB.

;)

Hmmm I'd say it would be how to model the demodulation of a taxi/CB/AM radio signal on a poorly shielded amp/cable making it the worlds loudest AM radio receiver...it's creepy when you hear voices coming thru a 4x12...

Back
Top Bottom