Which MFC?

Fatjac

Inspired
Hi, I have an Axe FX 2 and, until now, I have used it in my studio only. However I am about to try and start using it live with an SLA2 amp with an Orange 2x12 instead of my JVM410 rig with an FX8.

So my question is does it matter which MFC I buy/ use? I would prefer to buy something pre used due to cost hence my question.

Cheers

any of the 3 will work. the mkII has a little more flexability in the switch configuration over the original. the mkIII has fas link which is nice but with a 2 you will need a fas adapter to take advantage off it. They all have the same foot print and # of switches.

Get a Mark III. The new switches are the best, and you'll have FASLINK onboard so you can add the adapter later.
It will also have the best re-sale value if you ever decide to change it out.

Thanks Rex.

Silly me I only just thought to download the manual & have a look! It's starting to make a bit of sense now.

Similar question... I have an Axe FX 2 w/ MFC Mk 1. I'm about to upgrade to Axe 2 XL+. Is there any big reason to buy the new MFC? Mine has plenty of switch options for me, doesn't travel (so durability not a biggie). Is there really good big reason to spend another $650?

Would rather save the $ to buy an FX8 ;)

Similar question... I have an Axe FX 2 w/ MFC Mk 1. I'm about to upgrade to Axe 2 XL+. Is there any big reason to buy the new MFC? Mine has plenty of switch options for me, doesn't travel (so durability not a biggie). Is there really good big reason to spend another $650?

Would rather save the $ to buy an FX8 ;)
Based on your description of your needs, no... If you are happy with the MFC you have then I'd say keep it.

Back
Top Bottom