Which is the real JCM 800????

Which is the real JCM 800?

• The first one, JCM800Compare1

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • The second one, JCM800Compare2

Votes: 55 55.6%

• Total voters
I vote C : I can't tell . Well I have old ears too so . Your playing inspired me to give that tone a try I did not like it at first - the factory preset has a nice page / zeppelin vibe to it .

Kinda kicks "good enough for rock n roll" in the behind don't it?
I cant tell, listened a few times, but I do have a slight summer cold trying to creep in my ears.
Either way, they both sound great. Thanks for taking the time to make the clips.
Keep up the good work.

As I type this 7 of you picked the first one, 22 of you picked the second.

22 of you are wrong.

The first one is the real jcm 800.

I actually felt the second one was a bit more articulate where the real jcm 800 is a touch muddier, and surprisingly fizzier. Would have expected the modeler to be fizzier.

Either way, amazing that the axe fx can do that!

22 of you are wrong.

I actually felt the second one was a bit more articulate where the real jcm 800 is a touch muddier, and surprisingly fizzier. Would have expected the modeler to be fizzier.

Haha!

Wow. I actually thought the first one was the Axe FX because the attack sounded a bit stiffer. Axe legitimately sounds better to my ears haha

My mind would be blown if I wasn't used to this awesomeness haha

I definitely felt that #2 had a little more note separation in the section with the volume knob lowered. Hence I thought this was the tube amp!

They are very close though. I'm happy I was wrong!

Late to this, and no way you could tell whether I was lying when I say I thought it was Amp - Axe, except for the following:

Though I don't know particular amps well, I think I'm getting to know what a tube amp sounds like. I listened to track two first. It sounded good...but something missing....'well, let's hear one and.....Oh....'. They sound VERY different. Amp has that gurgle-glug and bass resonance.

Another validation of the awesomeness of the Axe FX when 2/3rd's guess wrong. I quit trying to second guess these things months ago when FW9 hit and it keeps getting better. The unit just blows me a away on many levels.

Thanks for the comparison.

Steve

22 of you are wrong.

Glad you guys enjoyed that.

I can tell you one thing.

I sure don't miss micing amps

Took me a good 20 minutes to setup pulling all my old recording crap out that had been collecting dust since the II.

Such a pain in the ass. And I have to really crank the amp to get the tone I want so I was nervious the neighbors were going to complain. And not to mention when playing to backing tracks I can barely hear the backing track over the sound of the amp cranked.

Back to the headphones and cabinet sims on :D

I think there was a difference in the growl. First clip had that Slash type of growl and Axe-Fx was cleaner. I voted that 1st clip was real based on that growl.

That being said I think you could sound closer with the AFD since that's what I heard missing in the second clip. :)

Haha, I thought the second one sounded better. The high end is a bit clearer, and overall the tone is less muddy. So I figured it was the real deal. Turns out the one that sounded better to my ears was the Axe. LOL!

See it's because of posts like this that make me want to go ahead and grab this thing, despite my wife's strong objection. Better to ask for forgiveness or permission?

Back
Top Bottom