Which is the real JCM 800????

Which is the real JCM 800?

• The first one, JCM800Compare1

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • The second one, JCM800Compare2

Votes: 55 55.6%

• Total voters
Hey no fair that people continue voting after the reveal!

I assumed there was an answer already but still honestly took the vote. The first clip was so impressive. IMO it had a bit more hair and the clean sounded better to me. Warm. :) I'm 100% sure you can make the Axe sound even better but I'd be lying if I didn't say I preferred the first clip out of these two. :)

Hey no fair that people continue voting after the reveal!

Yeah, I should have put a deadline on the poll and revealed the answer once it passed (along with adding a can't tell the difference option)

In a few weeks I will have the house to myself for a week.

At that point in time I will redo this and I will actually work at dialing in the Axe to exactly match the real one and see what I come up with.

In this example, I simply dialed them in to a tone I liked without ever comparing one to the other till after I was done recording.

Great clips, to me they both sound great, the first sounded a little more rough around the edges.

Would also be cool if you took an IR of your cab so the comparison would be ITB vs real life amp.

Agreed, I would love some IRs of that cab, sound like you really know how to mic it up right!

Cheers

Spence

Back
Top Bottom