Which Cab Pack next? Do you like it BIG or small?

Which Cab Pack would you like next?

• Total voters
It's a good time to be an Axe-Fx owner right now. I know what the next Cab Packs from me will be and I can tell you one of them has three smaller cabs that are IMO the best small cabs in real life I've got to try. On the other hand I have one 4x12 Cab Pack which is undeniably the best 4x12 guitar cab I have ever shot and there's something extremely special about it (something I've never got to do before which I can not tell at this point) but I guarantee everyone will want that cab from classic rockers to djent kids.

First clip is one of the smaller cabs. Second clips is the 4x12. Same settings for the amp which is Shiver LD.

So which one would you like next? Big or small?

Here's a picture of a small Axe and big Axe:

axe-musk-size-matters-small-66358.jpg

You vote. You choose. You decide. ;)

EDIT:

An extremely quick mix test with the 4x12 cab:

it goes, favor and reject !... definitely 1x12, even it could be more better if you go for MR.BEARBEARD MESA 1X12 ... IMHO ;)

Haha... well I don't capture things fast. I've been working with this 4x12 for two months already and I think it just got finished today. It was quite a different experience for me since I didn't work on it alone. ;) I think most people in here might be positively surprised about the collaboration for that pack when it comes out but I'm trying to keep it on the down low for now. :)

Hmmm... I think I just got an idea for the smaller cabs also.

Well, I didn't mean a rush job. ;) And now I got an idea of who/what cab this 2x12 is.... you ......8)

Great tone right there! I wonder what cab can be better than mesa 4x12 in your book? Since I know you are a big fan of mesa 4x12s just like me :)

SIZE does not matter guys.....you should know by now from the ladies (at least they say it does not matter...euh huh )...., it is what we men do with it :)

Well, ... i better not mention, i heard some oppositional statements from some ....

But back to cabinet sizes in conjunction to IR`s: cabinet size (as construction, wood, etc...) affects the frequency response. On the other hand the big reason for 4x12" are perception in the room, dispersion, pressure, etc... all THOSE reasons for a 4x12" against smaller cabinets will get lost in an IR anyway! What the IR keeps is the frequency response in conjunction of mic. + mic. position in first line - nothing else... so: In the IR world a BIG sound is for sure less addicted to the size of the cabinet, the IR is shooted from..., IMO.

Speakers and mic placement are most of the sound obviously but the EQ balance will be quite a lot more bass heavy in a 4x12 cab if you use the same mic position. Obviously you can get more brightness by moving the mic to the center but that's not at all the same thing as having a smaller cab. Me and Morphosis are EQ curve geeks so he knows what I mean right? :lol

i voted for small - at this point i'd like more diversity. i can wait (a little while) for the most awesome 4x12 ever

That's good to hear. :) Honestly I'm happy with which ever comes out first. The only hold up would be that the smaller cabinets could also possibly have a collaboration but this "person" is on the road until fall and even I can't wait that long. Mentioning her/him would spoil the surprise of what the cabs are so that's why the secrecy. :)

Me and Morphosis are EQ curve geeks so he knows what I mean right? :lol

well, i think so ... :) As i said: cabinet size (as construction, wood, etc...) affects the frequency response. And yeah ... the more volume the cab has, the more bass frequencies seems to be provided ... i mean ...

which one of these will have the most bass content? :)

DSC_0385.JPG

You can`t mic a violin that it sounds linke a contrabass. You won`t find a SM57 mic position which sound like a MD421. And you did not get the same bass content from a Royer 121, as a certain amp will perhaps provide ...

In the meantime i ask myself if mysterious 4x12" cabinets grown beards .... haha ... :mrgreen

I remember first hearing the ML sound lab intro
i got totally sucked into that raw/full/modern/juicy rhythm tone(kinda orange/mesa best of both worlds type of tone)
GOSH~~~~i'm seriously stoked!!!

BIG!!!!

BIGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good time to be an Axe-Fx owner right now. I know what the next Cab Packs from me will be and I can tell you one of them has three smaller cabs that are IMO the best small cabs in real life I've got to try. On the other hand I have one 4x12 Cab Pack which is undeniably the best 4x12 guitar cab I have ever shot and there's something extremely special about it (something I've never got to do before which I can not tell at this point) but I guarantee everyone will want that cab from classic rockers to djent kids.

First clip is one of the smaller cabs. Second clips is the 4x12. Same settings for the amp which is Shiver LD.

So which one would you like next? Big or small?

Here's a picture of a small Axe and big Axe:

axe-musk-size-matters-small-66358.jpg

You vote. You choose. You decide. ;)

EDIT:

An extremely quick mix test with the 4x12 cab:

Two of my best alloy IRs are definitely in this 4x12 collection. These are officially my user IR slots #1 and #2.

I'll be damned if that doesn't have the perfect balance of deep low end chunkiness with the cutting sound of higher mids, and to top it off the top end is still smooth.

Should you release the 4x12 pack? Lemme think about that...

Back
Top Bottom