Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

I never understood why Metallica was bigger, except they sold out and Dave Mustaine really didn't.

Marty & Dave brought out the best in each other. Kinda like Page & Plant, Eddie & David... I miss the days of real bands that lived, worked, fought, struggled and achieved something magical together. Nowadays just find a cute young person, enlist one of the two working song writers, hire a few musicians to back them up and you got a hit song (never an entire album). Occasionally there's an exception.

I never understood why Metallica was bigger, except they sold out and Dave Mustaine really didn't.
+1 - works for me though as I'm a fan of Metallica's black album for more melodic metal, but Megadeth does seem more committed to their genre and have not seemed to veer away from it. Kind of like AC-DC who one may say is repetative but imo deserves respect for never straying at all from the formula they do best imo, and that's worked well for them over many decades.

Sold out every seat in every stadium they play!
I was joking, that's what Jason Newstead said too. I should have said I didn't think "Enter Sandman" was going to be a hit. Now sung in every language and played on every instrument known to man. So I know nothing.

Back
Top Bottom