Where to find perfect pedal board

jasonwb007

Inspired
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a commercially available pedal board that is designed to house:
1. One or two Mission pedals
2. The MFC-101
3. A couple of external buttons

Since I'm expanding the stuff, going from just the MFC to the MFC + a pedal, and want to add a couple external switches to change scenes, I'd like to find something (not homemade) to mount all this stuff to.

Thanks!

I got mine from NYC Pedalboards. I just measured what size I needed, bought the custom size option, picked my preferences for everything and then it was about a 2 week wait for them to build it, and then just days to get it. I have an MFC 101, 2 EV1's and a Mission on it and they hold very strong. Never had a problem. Best pedalboard I've ever bought.

Pedaltrain Pro soft case for me: 3 Mission Engineering pedals, MFC, 1 Bright Onion MFC External Switch (4 switches for scene selection), 1 Bright Onion Stereo AB Pedal and a Mission Engineering TT Pro.

This pedal board is the DUO 34 from Temple Audio. The second photo shows the pedal plates that stick to the pedals. The pedal plates then lock in with that screw/knob seen there.

The LF pedal is 22 1/4" long. I believe the MFC is shorter though I could be wrong. The DUO 34 has 32 1/2" useable space side to side. I hope this helps.

1490ba0ae429d0fdeec84704c27b1251.jpg

4d06bb7c5acab6fc5d3b923c9bec3c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... UNLESS you find the perfect pedalboard for your exact needs, you should consider getting one custom made and that's it. Our tastes change (purely because of G.A.S.) and as a result we're forever looking at either upgrading or downgrading our gear for whatever reason. I went through 3 different pedalboards for my Axe MFC setup, and I wish I got this custom made ages ago instead of spending hundreds and hundreds of $ trying to 'find the perfect' pedalboard, when in fact the only real and sensible solution was to just bite the bullet and get one made to my exact needs, and sizes.

Here's mine.. I had this made by C&C Cases: Quality Australian made cases at value for money prices. which is based here in Australia. Cost me $390 which is obviously expensive compared US standards and pricing, but hey, it's still cheaper than buying 3 or 4 other ones before getting the 'perfect' one made up for me. Velcro'd, measured etc - it's spot on.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... UNLESS you find the perfect pedalboard for your exact needs, you should consider getting one custom made and that's it. Our tastes change (purely because of G.A.S.) and as a result we're forever looking at either upgrading or downgrading our gear for whatever reason. I went through 3 different pedalboards for my Axe MFC setup, and I wish I got this custom made ages ago instead of spending hundreds and hundreds of $ trying to 'find the perfect' pedalboard, when in fact the only real and sensible solution was to just bite the bullet and get one made to my exact needs, and sizes.

Here's mine.. I had this made by C&C Cases: Quality Australian made cases at value for money prices. which is based here in Australia. Cost me $390 which is obviously expensive compared US standards and pricing, but hey, it's still cheaper than buying 3 or 4 other ones before getting the 'perfect' one made up for me. Velcro'd, measured etc - it's spot on.

That's purtyyYyy

I use the Temple Duo 24. Didn't dig the plate system, used Dual Lock. Fits the MFC, 2 Missions and a 4 switch Bright Onion external box (attached it on the front, SUPER easy access for my four main Scenes). All wires easily and neatly hidden under the board, as is the FASlink adapter (again, Dual Locked to the underside). With all the perforations it's super easy to zip tie your cables in place- nothing moves on my board, always secure.

I also dig the adaptable side panels on the Duo board- I put in a Neutrik XLR connector that lets me plug my Faslink XLR right into the side of the board. Uber clean look and again incredibly secure.

I use a Furman SPB-8C. They don't make them any more. They originally retailed for around $400 and you can pick them up used online for around $100. Built in power conditioner/strip, very sturdy, hard plastic clamshell cover, handle/rollers. It fits my MFC and two Fractal expression pedals perfectly. I use it to power my small rack (Axe, wireless, occasional effects pedals) and Atomic CLR. The only complaints I've heard are that the clasps are not rugged, but I've been gigging 2 - 3 times a month for four years with it heavily loaded with no problems. The surface doesn't grip velcro as well as other pedal boards, so I mount everything with screws from the back. (Mfc-101 screws are perfect for this)

SPB-8C-front_page.jpg

I use the Temple Duo 24. Didn't dig the plate system, used Dual Lock. Fits the MFC, 2 Missions and a 4 switch Bright Onion external box (attached it on the front, SUPER easy access for my four main Scenes). All wires easily and neatly hidden under the board, as is the FASlink adapter (again, Dual Locked to the underside). With all the perforations it's super easy to zip tie your cables in place- nothing moves on my board, always secure.

I also dig the adaptable side panels on the Duo board- I put in a Neutrik XLR connector that lets me plug my Faslink XLR right into the side of the board. Uber clean look and again incredibly secure.

Loving the batman symbols dude - nice!

Reactions: svl
I got mine from NYC Pedalboards. I just measured what size I needed, bought the custom size option, picked my preferences for everything and then it was about a 2 week wait for them to build it, and then just days to get it. I have an MFC 101, 2 EV1's and a Mission on it and they hold very strong. Never had a problem. Best pedalboard I've ever bought.

I also have a NYC Pedalboard of custom size. I needed a board with a locking cover to completely protect my gear in transit. I've been gigging hard with it for years. I highly recommend them. Diago would be my second choice if their pre-configured sizes were appropriate for my gear. I like the fact that NYC will make the board to your exact requested dimensions, including height.

I went custom NYC Case for my MFC but I want to try a soft padded gig bag instead for my AX8

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36
I have the Diago showman also - fits the MFC , a couple of Missions and my MFC 4 button extension switch.....everything is Velcro'd down......and was fine until a week or so ago when the fabric that's glued to the base of the case detached itself , possibly due to the weight of all the gear......so not entirely impressed....think I am going to look at a pedaltrain or other option now.

I use a Furman SPB-8C. They don't make them any more. They originally retailed for around $400 and you can pick them up used online for around $100. Built in power conditioner/strip, very sturdy, hard plastic clamshell cover, handle/rollers. It fits my MFC and two Fractal expression pedals perfectly. I use it to power my small rack (Axe, wireless, occasional effects pedals) and Atomic CLR. The only complaints I've heard are that the clasps are not rugged, but I've been gigging 2 - 3 times a month for four years with it heavily loaded with no problems. The surface doesn't grip velcro as well as other pedal boards, so I mount everything with screws from the back. (Mfc-101 screws are perfect for this)

View attachment 27981

I also have the Furman board and it's perfect for the MFC and 2 expression pedals.

This pedal board is the DUO 34 from Temple Audio. The second photo shows the pedal plates that stick to the pedals. The pedal plates then lock in with that screw/knob seen there.

The LF pedal is 22 1/4" long. I believe the MFC is shorter though I could be wrong. The DUO 34 has 32 1/2" useable space side to side. I hope this helps.

1490ba0ae429d0fdeec84704c27b1251.jpg

4d06bb7c5acab6fc5d3b923c9bec3c2b.jpg

Now there is somebody with taste...

Back
Top Bottom