Where do you keep your wallet/phone/keys when gigging?

My band in the 80’s had a novel place for our spare change.

Usually got booked for six nighters, two weeks in the same club. We always wanted to know what level of dive we were committed to for the next two weeks so we invented a way to quantify class.

Every time one of us would go to the mens room we’d throw a couple coins into the urinal.

We kept a running list of each club and how high the ‘pot’ was before some sorry bastard reached in and fished out the coins.

We always warned the waitresses not to accept coins as tips!

I will actually take my truck key off the ring, and keep it in my pocket. It's too easy for someone to steal your vehicle these days just by walking to the parking lot, and hitting the button. Money stays in my other pocket. Phone in back pocket, or in the back of my rack case. Rest goes back in the truck.

Was wondering what systems folks used for this. I hate to be separated from those items but sometimes it’s not comfortable/practical to have them all pocketed (in my skin tight leather pants - jk). Having them backstage unattended in a non-secure type of setting isn’t smart.

Just wondering what everyone does - thanks!
Do you have some kind of an objection to wearing a fanny pack on stage? It works for George Costanza.

Money clip and keys in my FX rack or guitar rack and my phone has the setlist and selects presets on the AFX so its on my mic stand.

You guys need to learn about this thing called a purse. Or "murse" if you will....keep your crap in there and tuck it behind an amp or somewhere out of audience reach while you're on stage, if there's no secure dressing room or backstage area.

I also want to add - dudes on stage with a giant wallet or phone bulge in a front pants pocket do NOT look cool. At all. IMO.

(Please note, I am female) :)

I have an old fanny pack that I place all that stuff inside of, zip up, and place in my tool/tote box that holds my miscellaneous gig stuff (cables, guitar stands, DI, picks, etc.). and keep that box in a safe location on the stage, hidden from general view but visible to myself, and keep it there for the set. I leave that pack in the box between gigs so it's always there.

I retrieve all the contents and place them in my pockets after I finish the set and go outside to cool off, hang around the venue, etc. I'm not comfortable leaving any of that stuff unattended (even on a stage that's monitored by security staff), nor do I want to be George and wear the pack publicly heh.

There are these little tactical style pouches that clip on a belt. And no it's not a wannabe fanny pack... it's... well... tactical!!!?? sorta. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom