Where do you keep your wallet/phone/keys when gigging?

On top of my rack.

I soundcheck and put my guitars on stands.

Then beers come in my cases on the way in the door.

Buy enough beers to make it plausible. Then tip the shit out of your servers.

It's been so long since I've done a gig that I can barely remember. Probably somewhere on top of the rack. Except my phone, which I put on my keyboard, so I can take pictures during a gig and use it on certain songs.

Car key stays in my pocket. How many times have you carried stuff out to your car and not been able to open it?
‘Phone goes into airplane mode at the start of soundcheck, and lives on my rack box while I’m playing.
I have a second wallet with several of the band’s business cards. Before leaving the house I add a single debit card, and some old fashioned cash. My stage clothes aren’t skin tight, and the wallet is thin enough to live in my back pocket all night.

I remember this gig in the city center once. You can't park there as its expensive, so the venue advised to use a parking place outside of the city and return via city bus. So I did. So I went back to get the car after the gig, only to discover that my drummer still had my keys, as he had borrowed them because I apparently am the only guitar player who has a drum tuner on his key chain and mr. drummer doesn't. That was in the days before I had a cell phone so I was out there in the middle of effin' nowhere with no way to get in my car or contact him.

So sad we can't go back to the days of Blazing Saddles when any race was fair game for cheeky digs and jokes without a total snowflake riot. Hmmm think I'm gonna name the next band Snowflake RIOT!

We really need some bands, or a comedy like Blazing Saddles to make fun of the wokeness. It's become so absurd that it has gone beyond Monty Python levels of absurd. It needs a Blazing Saddles like comedy to put some reality back into our society. Then again it's so absurd that we've entered Poe's law levels of absurdity. And Poe's law states that any parody of an extreme position becomes indistinguishable from the real thing without a means to convey to a reader or watcher that it is a parody.

Back
Top Bottom