Where do I put wah block in my preset?

bluesk165

Inspired
Hi, musicians

I hope to know where do I put wah block in a preset.

I usually use signal chain as following,

4CM/ pre 4/ post 4
Comp - Drive 1 - Drive 2 -
PHR - CHO - DLY - REV

Also, at real pedal board, I knew that Fuzz should go first of chain.

What should I do in FX8 with wah and Fuzz?

Thanks

I usually go wah, drive, other things (or comp, wah, drive,...) but I'd suggest you try moving them around and seeing what you like best.

Hi, musicians

I hope to know where do I put wah block in a preset.

I usually use signal chain as following,

4CM/ pre 4/ post 4
Comp - Drive 1 - Drive 2 -
PHR - CHO - DLY - REV

Also, at real pedal board, I knew that Fuzz should go first of chain.

What should I do in FX8 with wah and Fuzz?

Thanks
Depends on what sound you want to achive. Wah after fuzz will be more pronounced but as a bandpass it cuts bass and highs (and therefore the overtones produced by the fuzz)

This is the beauty of the Fractal units... you can put it wah-ever you want! (Sorry, couldn't help myself)

Try it in several positions, turning the other blocks on and off, and see how you like each. It's surprising how often something other than the "normal" setup sounds or works better for me. I have it after compression, but varying before and after drives in different presets.

Any place will work just fine for the most part but typically before delay/reverb. It's just a matter of the result you need for the song you're playing. For me, instead of just placing effects where they're "supposed" to go, I determine what I'm hoping to accomplish with each effect. Do I want to modulate or filter a distorted signal or distort a modulated/filtered signal? Do I want to overdrive my reverb/delay or vice-versa or overdrive the reverb and add delay to the whole signal? As has been mentioned already, the possibilities are endless with the FX8 so taking some time to determine what you're hoping to accomplish with your tone will go a long way to avoiding a lot of frustration. .

Back
Top Bottom