Where are the videos?

re-reading through that thread, i stand by everything i said. There’s some missing/deleted context from that and other threads which made me respond the way I did. And the original wish is a bit different but similar to what we have now in views.

as I said then, I appreciated the idea in general.

Last edited:
re-reading through that thread, i stand by everything i said. There’s some missing/deleted context from that and other threads which made me respond the way I did. And the original wish is a bit different but similar to what we have now in views.

as I said then, I appreciated the idea in general.

I didn't really read through the thread again so I can't speak to that, but I know for certain that I didn't delete any posts or comments personally. Either way, bygones. I'm over it and glad to see a similar function implemented.

I didn't really read through the thread again so I can't speak to that, but I know for certain that I didn't delete any posts or comments personally. Either way, bygones. I'm over it and glad to see a similar function implemented.
We’re on the same page. thumbs

1. Heard other videos with that same SC245 and an AFX3 sounds searing af, clear as day

2. Hear this video with SC245 and FM3, 1:1 preset conversion and it sounds like a spider. I know it ain't the amps cause I know what the AX8 can sound like, and I know what a short IR sounds like. Looking forward to what the gurus can squeeze out of the cab block from here

💁

Sorry about my ignorance and but from what I've know (and I'm by no means an expert) wouldn't a shorter ir mainly impact the low end of the sound? Like cut low frequencies the lower shorter it is (and not the other way around)?

And reading your expressions of how evident the "problem" is and the certain you are of the origin of the problems make me thing that maybe I have some hearing impairment since it is not that clear for me when hearing 50ms IRs Vs 20ms IRs. Apparently Pete Thorn and others suffer from the same problem.

High end is compressed af, low end drastic roll off. Characteristic of decreased IR resolution. That was on 2112 quickie video, that AX8 vs FM3 video sounds great

Sorry about my ignorance and but from what I've know (and I'm by no means an expert) wouldn't a shorter ir mainly impact the low end of the sound? Like cut low frequencies the lower shorter it is (and not the other way around)?

And reading your expressions of how evident the "problem" is and the certain you are of the origin of the problems make me thing that maybe I have some hearing impairment since it is not that clear for me when hearing 50ms IRs Vs 20ms IRs. Apparently Pete Thorn and others suffer from the same problem.
but in prior comment you said it was muddy af, which is kind of the opposite of a drastic low end roll off wouldn't it be
Some people are best left ignored ;)

I should leave it right guys? Thank God the IR lenght in the axe8 Vs fm3 video were already updated on the fm3 because it would be obvious if they weren't. (Wink wink)

This notion that only the ones who say something bad about something are the ones being sincere and that the other people are the clueless ones is ridiculous but present in many many minds.

@ccroyalsenders
Wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for your great MM reviews.
Got the MJ new back in 2015 and the JP used just recently (also a 2015!)
Sorry for the big pic but they are nice to look at. :p

YtI517v.jpg

It might just be the video audio, or however the FM3 got recorded

Isn't it obviously the IR lenght?

Now seriously. Not a little more or less than any other video. Tone is subjective and I tend to like brighter sounds. I'm not saying you are wrong, or anything like that, it's just that for me is more a question of he dialed the amps and the PRS pickups than attributing it to so kind of specific limitation of the fm3 or that I would notice that it was that "muddy" before you said something.

Sure I ain't got the best ears in the world but in a my limited experience the difference in tone that IR lenght impact isn't that pronounced that would make any reasonable person to say that transforms a great tone to a nasty crazy one.

Back
Top Bottom