Where are the videos?

Gasp100

Power User
I'm not quite understanding why there are not many FM3 "live" videos posted as of yet. Either more official FAS videos and/or beta testers showing the unit, plugged in and working while providing some insight and some tone examples.
It's time fellas... we deserve more content while we wait patiently.

The Hype-to-Supply ratio for the time being is probably pretty high already. I'd think they probably want to market it once it's actually available to purchase at the store.

Also, I hope they upload some high quality audio clips à la Strymon apart from YouTube videos. While Keven Eknes's FM3 Video sounded great, the noise-gate cutting out the sustain was a little jarring.

I’m surprised someone like Leon Todd didn’t already have something in the can, ready to go.

You guys have him confused with MKBHD who had the FM3 as soon as they announced. (A joke for those not hip to tech tube memes.)

Honestly by most accounts the thing is going to sound very much like the AxeFX 3. Check out some of that content if you haven't already. There's loads.

While I'm sure there will be some audio demos that will be useful for people who are new to Fractal and maybe comparing floor units, most of us here already know what it'll sound like ;-)

The ones I'm interested in are seeing people's creative ways to use the footswitches, FCs and externals, how to set those up, etc.

Also, I hope they upload some high quality audio clips à la Strymon apart from YouTube videos. While Keven Eknes's FM3 Video sounded great, the noise-gate cutting out the sustain was a little jarring.
I think he's just playing some bone stock presets with bright, relatively weak output Strat single coils. Would be easy to make sound a lot better.. I'd roll down the presence or maybe turn off bright switch. As for the gating, again super easy to adjust for your guitar output and playing style. If you do a lot of rolling the guitar volume way down like he does in the video, then the gate threshold obviously needs to be set differently.

I get the impression most Fractal presets are made with HB guitars, especially the gainy ones like the Friedman BE.

I think he's just playing some bone stock presets with bright, relatively weak output Strat single coils. Would be easy to make sound a lot better.. I'd roll down the presence or maybe turn off bright switch. As for the gating, again super easy to adjust for your guitar output and playing style. If you do a lot of rolling the guitar volume way down like he does in the video, then the gate threshold obviously needs to be set differently.

I get the impression most Fractal presets are made with HB guitars, especially the gainy ones like the Friedman BE.

Hmmm? I always thought it was the opposite. Shows what I know, or actually don't know. I do know 99% of folks who sell presets definitely use HB's.

I’m surprised someone like Leon Todd didn’t already have something in the can, ready to go.
Yeah, me too.. I would have thought several of the beta testers and influencers would already have slick videos ready to go, but I suppose Fractal has to say 'when'.

Very soon I'd imagine.

I don't remember which thread it was on, but i'm pretty sure Cliff or an admin said the waitlist items have to start being received before the beta demo-ers can release their content.

Back
Top Bottom