When I record my patches they seem to be going in a little too "hot"

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
but the clip lights on the front of my Axe are not lighting up.
Which level control should I be turning down the level on the amp or the input level under I/O?
When I'm not recording they sound fine but on playback they are a little too hot(and my record levels in Reaper don't show any clipping either)????

I use Output 2 as my USB/DIGI source. Then I use an FXL block to send my signal to my DAW. I use the level in the FXL block to set my recording level. Then I put a volume block in parallel with the FXL block so I can monitor through my DAW.

If you're not upping the Axe II or the DAW then what is the problem? I don't get it.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I use Output 2 as my USB/DIGI source. Then I use an FXL block to send my signal to my DAW. I use the level in the FXL block to set my recording level. Then I put a volume block in parallel with the FXL block so I can monitor through my DAW.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

that's a really good idea.....

I'm using USB direct in. The clips just sound like they are on the verge of clipping , it's like they are just a little too "hot". there's no room in the sound.
I've upped the master volume on most of my patches I'll try lowering the "level" control that is directly to the right (in Axe Edit)
how do you guys set the I?o leverls in the I/O menu on the front of the unit? mine are all at noon

Back
Top Bottom