When he wants it in the living room and she wants it to look good...

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
... you find a way to make them both happy! :)

WhgurAz.jpg

0zAjcYW.jpg

G7LLCFV.jpg

7KeHcLx.jpg

So a solid pine wedge dyed blue with a birch grille that is not stained.. just coated in poly.

I've always wanted to do something along these lines and when the customer asked for something that would need a high wife approval factor I was excited to give it a go. I think it turned out pretty good all things considered.

Thanks all,

Mick

wow - that is cool

How annoying was it making that grill? :)

'She' should be happy .... until 'He' turns it up to 10 and hits open G ..... preferably when the mother-in-law is present

Looks awesome Mick. What power module is in that cab? Doesn't look anything like the Matrix Elements you used in the cabs you built me last year.

Back in the day when home stereo speakers were huge and where they were placed in the listening area mattered we referred to them having either a low or high WAF (wife acceptance factor). With the size of TV's now that's kinda funny.

Thanks all for the kind comments!

The grille wasn't that bad actually as the laser did most of the work. The designing of it and deciding on how I wanted it to look took the longest.

Matt, that is not a Matrix. It is put out by Dayton Audio.

I still sell Matrix they are the same great amp they have always been but this amp has an additional input and Bluetooth functionality which the Matrix does not have.

High WAF was certainly a factor with this cab! :)

I got a chance to try one of the new amps in a 1x12 XiTone wedge (not the one in the picture).
I compared it to my passive XiTone powered by a Crown K2.

The new amp sounded better. Clearer in the mid/highs.
I'm guessing it's because the speaker is now biamped, allowing for better DSP settings and Xover points.
I really really liked the new one...

Back
Top Bottom