What's Your NON-FRACTAL Rig?

I think it was about $31 at amazon.com
I have the Prime membership, so shipping was free.

dang that thing sounds good!
Still in production, and they have a couple other models.

Wow!
This sounds like the perfect B rig on a budget.
How much are you paying for it?
Is this pedal still in production?

I just bought a Roland GP10 from Sweetwater.
(I already have 2 guitars with the GK3 pickup)

I paid a little over $300 for a demo they had, without the pickup included.

you can buy a new one with the pickup for $399. (I paid about $200 just for an extra pickup a couple of years ago)

I can't believe how great the guitar modeling is! Also, the Alternate Tuning options are amazing! NO LATENCY!
Nylon guitar and other acoustics as well as 12 string Ric's, etc.
Even switching between patches is lightning quick.

I'm putting my Variax JTV59 up for sale. Not needed now!

The synth sounds are really weak but I didn't buy it for that.

The GP10 also has some pretty good electric guitar and amp modeling. I was actually quite surprised by that.

check out some YouTube vid's... some are better than others.

maybe I'll make one myself.

Last edited:
I think it was about $31 at amazon.com
I have the Prime membership, so shipping was free.

dang that thing sounds good!
Still in production, and they have a couple other models.
Sounds great for the $ but man is it noisy at high gain.
Even with a noise gate you hear the inherent noise while the gate is open.

For small gigs, I usually take an Axe FX II XL, one CLR, and an MFC-101. It's about as much trouble as an amp and a pedal board. My back up is an Axe FX-II MK I. My back up to that is a Hughes and Kettner zenTera, and my lightest rehearsal rig is a Vox Tonelab LE.

For light tube, I use a pedalboard and a Tone King Meteor II.

For heavy tube, it's a Triamp Mk II ALSE with matching cab with a TC electronic G-Force in a parallel efx loop.

For purely acoustic gigs, I have a Compact AER 60/2.

Last edited:
Television & DVD player

Ok really am wanting a mesa boogie combo-small-since my beloved Musicman 112RD50 died

Musicman112rd50. Great little amp. My backup for my AxeFx XL is my AxeFx Ultra, after that it's my Mesa Lonestar and a pedalboard.

Mesa/Boogie Dual rectifier Solo head, Mesa/Boogie Mark IVB, Mesa 4x12 Slant Cabinet
MXR, Dunlop, Boss, Digitech Pedals

:p

BR80_e-StormX.jpg

BR80 + Portable Mini Speaker (e-Storm LabyrinthX). Great Sound!

A Marshall 210H head and 4 12 Marshall cab, also a Hughes and Kettner 50 watt Switchblade combo amp . I tend to use the Axe 2 with a CLR mostly, but its nice to fire up an amp when the mood strikes .

Back when I posed this question, I was wondering what options people were leveraging for those times when (for whatever reason) they were practicing / gigging without their AxeFX. I have a small grab-and-go board that is perfect for airline carry-on, and when I have a one-off gig without cartage allowance, that's how I do it. I am also considering getting an compact alternate foot controller like a McMillen SoftStep, and just carrying it and the AxeFX in a soft bag.

Sometimes size / weight are serious considerations for me, and as much as I love my full AxeFX rig with stereo FRFR speakers, I occasionally need to travel pretty light.

Interesting and fun to read the responses on this thread. Keep 'em coming!

Back
Top Bottom