What's Your NON-FRACTAL Rig?

Sleestak

Power User
I have an AxeFX rig that I love. I've posted a lot of detail about my setup, so I'll omit that from this post. My point is that I love my AxeFX rig and use it for the vast majority of my live and recording work.

I also have a "grab and go" small rig that I use for one-off fly dates, and for small local gigs. That rig is a Quilter Aviator 2x10 amp, plus a Line6 M9. It isn't nearly as flexible or powerful as the AxeFX, but it allows me to get through a gig with a handful of basic tones, and is small / light enough to load in as a single trip hand-carry rig.

Is anybody else using an alternate setup for small gigs? I'm guessing with the FX8 and AX8 we'll start to see posts about incorporating them into our setups.

My backup is: Ibanez TS9, ISP decimator, Orange Tiny Terror, Orange 412 ,or whatever cab is already at the venue

IMG_0789_zpsvrhfq4hw.jpg

My backup is: Ibanez TS9, ISP decimator, Orange Tiny Terror, Orange 412 ,or whatever cab is already at the venue

How do you like the tiny terror? I am considering picking up the 1x12 combo. Either that or I will go with some studio monitors so I dont have to use my headphones with the axe fx.

I had back surgery a few months ago and have to be careful lifting anything heavy.
My grab and go lightweight rig now is a DV Mark Multiamp, (10lb with soft case), a Matrix NL12 (18lb), and a MidiMoose pedal.
Lightest, smallest decent sounding rig I've ever had, and plenty loud.
The Multiamp has surprisingly good models of all 3 channels of the Bogner Ecstasy including many of the Ecstasy voicing switches, along with decent delay, reverb and chorus etc.
As the owner of an Ecstasy I'd say they did a pretty good job.

My backup is an old POD XT Live. Not even in the same league as my AFX II and MFC, but it works in a pinch. I either run it direct into the PA (for rehearsals if I'm too lazy to load up the AFX) or into a QSC K12 (if I'm just jamming with others without a PA, and still too lazy to load up the AFX). But who am I kidding? If I go jam with someone I'm taking the AFX, because I want them to experience the awesomeness of my Fractal rig. :mrgreen

My "B" Rig

Guitar>Cable>Mesa Boogie Road King>Mesa Cab

There's also a cable going between the Road King and the Cab and I also use the Road King Footswitch if that counts too...

I've stayed fairly dry for a few years now.

In the Studio my Axe Fx is pretty dry too.

Back
Top Bottom