What's Your NON-FRACTAL Rig?

I've been thinking about having a backup traditional rig. I already have an awesome Port City OS 212 for a cab. I was considering something powerful/flexible/portable. I've been eyeing the H&K Grandmeister 36. It's still a ways down on my list of priorities, but I think I will do it eventually.

What's a non-fractal rig?

Seriously, I gave most of my tube gear to my daughter, and sold the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE!!!! That is almost exactly my blue Ludwig Vistalite drum kit from the 80's/90's. (When I had a younger back). :)

Yes, was all 70's vistalite shells with a new Black Beauty snare. Sold it to my bandmate for him to play in his other band (Barclay James Harvest) after he asked me for years to sell it to him. Regret letting the kit go now and am already eyeing up another blue Vistalite the same :)

My other rig is a [MesaColiseumHead]+[Supro2X12Cab]+[JC1202X12] rig with a Lexicon PCM42 delay in the Mesa FX loop.

I run a Schultz Power Soak attenuator between the Mesa speaker out jack and the Supro 2x12 (its the Supro Galaxy combo open back cab with the amp removed) so I can crank the preamp and six 6L6 GCs of the Mesa without having my ears bleed.

At the same time, I also connect the Mesa slave output to the low impedance input jack of the Roland stereo chorus/tremolo channel of the JC-120.

I configured this rig in the mid-'80s and never once considered changing my rig ... that is until M@ introduced me to the AXE FX II at Dweezilla 2013.

Thank you so much M@ ... and thank you Cliff!!! :encouragement:

This is my non Fractal set up. One Marshall cab was built by Scumback speakers to late 60's specs, but with the 1960B look. They all have different Scumback speakers(BH75,M75,H75,H55,S75 pvc,Scumnico and Celestion cream Back)

Attachments

• amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Cab mic.jpg
    Cab mic.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Cabs.jpg
    Cabs.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 70
I have agnostic tendencies. I have one of everything...

OK, not really. But I do have an Eleven Rack (with a Looperlative LP1 and an FAMC LF+ 12+) and a Kemper Rack.

I also have a Bogner New Yorker, a Wolff (local builder; Supro-derived single-ended amp), a pedalboard that got a bit out of hand (48" by 16"; two tiers), an AER Amp One bass amp, and a Heathkit TA-16 combo.

Except for the actual amps, everything is normally run direct-to-board. (Yes, that includes the pedalboard; it sounds really good with a bit of EQ at the board.)

(The AFX rig is a II XL+ with an FAMC LF+ Pro+.)

I have one of these coming in today.
probably be running it through the SpaceStation v3 and a Tech21 FlyRig5 (for effects)

8be4d7ebecf32063a4430cefe9a17130.jpg

EVH 100 watters in stereo with a G-System.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most times when the stage gets really tight, I just run my Axe Fx into my vocal monitor. Not optimal tone for me, but the FOH doesn't take a hit and the send level remains constant for those on IEMs.

If I have to go non-FAS, I have a Flyrig5 that works nicely, and occasionally use a Marshall Haze 40... a pretty decent all in one sort of real-tube Marshall. I have many more, but they are all band cave shut-ins these days.

Last edited:
My analog rig is racked up with my fractal but consists of: Louis Electric Captain Trips Amp (sometimes the SMS classic as an alternative), 2x12 JBL E120, 2x12 JBL K120, 1x12 K120, McIntosh MC2105 SS amp, GCX switcher, Mutron III, Phase 100, Distortion+, analog delay and a BYOD octave divider, boomerang III looper andGR-55 synth

Acoustic is either straight to the Bose L2 or through a fishman DI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 51
I sold mine after I acquired my ultra (who's is now and Axe ii).
It was a Mesa Boogie MK IV rack top with the fantastic 4X12 half n half box.
If I would build a non fractal rig it would be a mark v combo :) I love boogies.

So I know I'm talking to myself here about this Joyo pedal but in case someone happens on to this:
Got the pedal, paid $45 brand new from Amazon.
Came in a few days where others I would have had to wait a month, so that was cool.

My review is simple: It's stupid to compare a $45 pedal to the Rolls Royce of modellers but it's actually really great for the money.
It does the Plexi quite well and the knobs respond extremely well. You can get quite a variety of sounds with it.
I personally am not a huge Plexi fan but for those that are it's a fantastic value.

Only caveat is that by itself it's hard to buy in to the sound when I'm used to the Axe.
So with my G Major 2 and the Joyo I can pull off a decent sound if my Axe ever does the unthinkable to me at a gig.

I just ordered the Joyo American (does a decent Fender Deluxe I think it is) so I will have my clean and dirty sounds.

The only reason I went the Joyo route is because of my available cash. Otherwise I probably would have gone the FlyRig route.

Back
Top Bottom