What Studio Monitors

So I've narrowed it down to the HS7, HS8, and A7X. Checking out the difference in the HS (8 vs 7) first off. I'm leaning toward the HS series because of the price point obviously but I haven't ruled out the A7Xs. As for Genelec Neuman etc.. I'm sure they are great options but I'm not willing to spend that much for monitoring.

One of my concerns is being able to craft patches that will translate accurately. That being said I know that nothing is perfect in that arena and over time I've gotten used to whatever monitor I've used for mixing music. The thing I don't want is to end up with the sound I had (rokit 5s). They were ok for electronic music but my axe fx sounded really boxy and small in them.

Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction including previously posted threads by suma yall.

I use a set of JBL LSR 308's. Sound great to me. I'm in about an 11x15 foot room and the extra bottom of the 8's work very nice.
I have done a lot of recording/mixing/mastering with these and they also translate very well.

Back
Top Bottom