What is that one piece of gear you wish you never sold?

Well, they forgot to put frets on it, so it probably wan't worth keeping around. ;)
That is not a fretless model. It simply has the fret protector in place. Suhr recommends using a fret protector whenever transporting a guitar.

In the early 1970s I had a silver face Dual Showman with a 2x15" cab. I sold it for $200 so I could buy a silver face Twin Reverb and I wish I could have afforded to keep it because I think about it every time I need to move my Twin.

There are 2 that really stick out for me.

-'93 Les Paul Standard in cherry sunburst that I sold after my divorce. That was the first Les Paul I ever bought and the guitar that saw the most gigs/recordings.

-'92 2-channel Dual Rectifier. Traded it for an Orange RV50 head a long time ago. I don't have either of them anymore, but that Dual Rec was special.

Wine red, Memphis Les Paul and Marsh 6100 LM, blue/purple tolex and matching 4x12 cab

Edit: And a blued Colt Python .357

Last edited:
Probably because it's installed at a weird angle...

I did use it live at one point on several songs: violin, nylon string guitar + pads, piano (doubled with clean electric).

I haven't had the option to have a keyboard player in a long time.

These days, if I needed to, I'd use Midi Guitar 2 with an iPad and blend it into my Fractal rig... I can use it with any guitar without a special pickup or cable (the 13-pin cables are a drag!) and it tracks as good as the Roland.
How would this work for live gigs? Some sort of guitar/audio device plugged into the iPad with the iPad running the software and then the iPad feeding into the fractal unit? Or would it go into a virtual effects loop within the fractal unit?

A like new Musicman 112RD50 with an EVM-12L. Used that amp for so many years. As many of us do, I sold it when I really didn't have to. Believe it was when I bought my first or second Fractal-a Standard or an ultra iirc. Didn't need the $$$ att. :-(

How would this work for live gigs? Some sort of guitar/audio device plugged into the iPad with the iPad running the software and then the iPad feeding into the fractal unit? Or would it go into a virtual effects loop within the fractal unit?
I have an iPad dock designed for recording on they iPad. It's got 1/4" inputs and outputs (among others).

On the Axe Fx, I can set Output 3 to Copy Input 1.

That will send the direct guitar input to the dock. Then the dock output feeds back into one of the inputs, like Input 2.

Then I can route that as needed.

How about gear that we've trashed? My wife got me a 2005 SG for out 10th anniversary that I promptly thought needed taller frets and tried to do it myself because "i Am A masTER luthiER" Ended up having to replace the entire fretboard and it wasn't ever the same. Got a 1993 Boogie Trem-O-Verb about a month ago that developed a buzz soon after. I thought, no problem, "I aM a mAsTER Amp tECHniCiAn" Trashed it. At least I've got a cool 2x12 cabinet now.

How about gear that we've trashed? My wife got me a 2005 SG for out 10th anniversary that I promptly thought needed taller frets and tried to do it myself because "i Am A masTER luthiER" Ended up having to replace the entire fretboard and it wasn't ever the same. Got a 1993 Boogie Trem-O-Verb about a month ago that developed a buzz soon after. I thought, no problem, "I aM a mAsTER Amp tECHniCiAn" Trashed it. At least I've got a cool 2x12 cabinet now.
Have you learnt a lesson or two?......... :)

I get that.

I'll lightly polish frets if necessary, and I can bias an amp. But, other than basic things like that...when you start talking about things like that, I'd rather pay an expert. If for no other reason, I like that the experts exist and are relatively easy to find. No matter how good I get at slightly-over-basic things, there's going to be a limit. I consider paying for things just past my ability an investment in having someone available locally to figure out future issues.

Back
Top Bottom