What gear have you purchased since getting an Axefx?

sandmannn69

Experienced
Usually the question is "what gear have you sold since you got your Axefx?". Just wondering if the Axe has had the same effect on other players tone-seek/GAS/etc. as it did to me.....

Since I bought my Standard 18 months ago, I have purchased a total of 2 pedals (only one I use much) for about $100 and a small $150 combo amp for impromptu jam sessions. I hit the guitar store about once every 2 months for strings, and don't even look at the amps/fx or play any of the guitars (they put locks on the ones worth playing).

The Axefx has been such a complete solution to all my needs, I almost hate it for turning off the GAS as it was always enjoyable to hit the guitar store every couple of weeks to try out new gear. But its probably saved me 2x-3x the money I spent on it that would've been spent on other tube amps/cabs and "boo-teek" effects. Guess that's why I'm spending a couple of grand on a II when I get the coupon, as you get so much value for the money.

I bought a second Axe FX II for my buddy to borrow. I couldn't stand the frustration of him fiddling with his L*ne 6 device trying to cop a tone that he liked. ;-) Other than that, nothing!

A couple of guitars but the rest of the stuff revolves around the AxeFx: MIDI stuff, FRFR, rack accessories, that sort of stuff.

On the other hand, I've sold a ton of stuff.

a few Ibanez guitars and pa equipment... qsc k series, presonus studiolive. but I've sold several things also to partially fund those. I've not bought any effects except a dimebag crybaby since getting the Axe.

I bought a second Axe FX II for my buddy to borrow. I couldn't stand the frustration of him fiddling with his L*ne 6 device trying to cop a tone that he liked. ;-) Other than that, nothing!

Can I be your buddy? BTW I am shopping for a new car being all frustrated with my old GMC pickup! :)

Reactions: jon
A Kemper Profiling Amp, a Shergold 4 / 12 Mike Rutherford style Doubleneck, Salvation H-Watt and Dual MatchVox MTS modules and a few AU synths like Arturia's new Oberheim SEM. Sold a 1984 Les Paul Custom to pay for some of this stuff.

A Kemper Profiling Amp, a Shergold 4 / 12 Mike Rutherford style Doubleneck, Salvation H-Watt and Dual MatchVox MTS modules and a few AU synths like Arturia's new Oberheim SEM. Sold a 1984 Les Paul Custom to pay for some of this stuff.

Howz abouts posting some high gain, drop d style KPA clips on TGP or somewhere when you get bored? I'm dying to hear what it can do in this dept. So far, the high gain clips I've heard have been less than inspiring.

For me, since getting the AxefxII, I've sold a good amount of gear and bought:
-Burl B2 Bomber a/d
-Marshall 410H
-Rivera Rockcrusher

...am currently drooling over a Royer 101

I'm kinda thinking you mean guitar related gear
Answer= nothing
But just (yesterday) received a Roland hand sonic hpd10
What a great piece of kit!!

I have become a "grab-and-flip" type of Craigslister, since hardly anything is worth keeping anymore. The only things I have kept are related to the Axe. As of yesterday, however, I have developed supreme GAS for the Retro Channel RR1.

Yeah, retro channel has me sparked up! :D

Kinda embarrassing, cuz I have a matrix already, but retro channel really kinda clicked with me for some reason.

i'm going to buy a few suhr pedals like the riot and koko boost, thinking about the strymon timeline eventually but otherwise i'll be getting the mfc 101 and a couple expression pedals and then my funds will only go towards new guitars :D

Back
Top Bottom