What do you all use to upright your Axe Fx onstage?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I've seen some combo amp stands and table tops that fold out. I'd love to have it straight up, so I could just look down. May have to build something?

I'm using a Gator Pro rack and just set it upright with the cables coming out the back side, 2 cables for signal and power to a K10 and 1 cable going to the power outlet. The rack isn't very heavy, so, I'm not worried about damaging the cables.

i use a hard 6-8 space rack and just take the front off and stand it upright. Leave the back on and run all the cables out of the front through this :

https://btpa.com/Axe-FX-Panels.html

I usually keep it close to me and just use the tuner on the front of the axe cause i feel it's better than the one on the MFC.

Cheers.

This:
Axe-Stand-Front.jpg~c200
(for the record, this is not my personal rig...found it on an internet search)

It is a guitar stand oriented opposite of how you'd rest a guitar on it. It allows you to use a shallow rack with cables coming out of the back if desired, since it is slightly elevated off the floor. The angle created is enough to keep the rack stable, and it's really easy to access all of the front controls.

Look for a guitar stand that looks like this:

580387000001000-00-180x180.jpg

Last edited:
some people use combo stands like this...they come in different heights and sizes, so look around for what might suit you best

stagg-music-gas5-adjustable-combomonitor-stand-36002024-0-1386670913000.jpg

i use a regular keyboard stand (i have a couple of different ones, depending on whether i'm standing or sitting) but i need it level, so i can put a laptop on it

I built an amazing stand using old Ultimate Support "Thinker Toys". Why that line didn't last I'll never understand.

You might take a look at these :
http://www.eurekasound.com/racklegs.

I use these and love them.

I have a rack mount mixer that controls my monitor for vocals, guitar, iso guitar from our lead singer and a band mix.

Using the rack legs makes it so easy to bend down a fiddle with my monitor mix. Also I use the Fractal tuner.

I'm on my second set of rack legs. I recommend the 6-space version. They are more heavy duty. I started with the 4-space version. They eventually got cross threaded.

I use quiklok on the stand off that stay on the rack. It keeps the stand offs from getting loose when you break down.

that guitar stand is a good idea!

I own that first stand you showed (I think it's actually a speaker cabinet stand), and have tried sitting a rack on it, as well as all sorts of conventional and non-conventional approaches for gigging the AxeFx with a 4 space rack. The guitar stand isn't my idea, for certain, but I've found it to be a really convenient way to go about things.

I'm using this one: http://www.bax-shop.nl/gitaar-statief/konig-meyer-17580-014-55-a-guitar-stand-heli-2-zwart
upload_2016-11-29_21-52-37.png
And I use it just like this: Only I usually set it to the side.
This:
Axe-Stand-Front.jpg~c200

It is a guitar stand oriented opposite of how you'd rest a guitar on it. It allows you to use a shallow rack with cables coming out of the back if desired, since it is slightly elevated off the floor. The angle created is enough to keep the rack stable, and it's really easy to access all of the front controls.

Look for a guitar stand that looks like this:

580387000001000-00-180x180.jpg

The gator rack bags have feet on them, If your cables are short enough/flush in the back, than they are capable of holding themselves up without having to bring an additional stand. I tend to do this when i take my axe with me gear shopping. Can't have my gear in front of me live though, drunken moshpitters will attempt to take its life.

I use a gator combo stand (GFW-GTR-AMP Combo stand), $40 on sweetwater - it's sturdy, height adjustable and easy to set up. I have a six-space rack with a front panel patch bay for all connections - back cover never comes off. I place the rack backwards on the stand so that the open side with the Axe panel faces nearly vertical over the back of the stand..... if that makes any sense.
I love it!

I use an amp stand similar to the one Simeon posted a pic of. It puts the axe at a great height and angle to quickly see and/or adjust something. I originally thought about having the case perfectly upright like you said, but figured angled would be better if any liquids were flying. I'm using an original 4 space skb case and it fits well and is VERY stable.

Back
Top Bottom