What brand of cable are you using for guitar to Axe?

So far you've failed to present any. You know why? Because there isn't any evidence. It's placebo effect. There can't be any difference between a low capacitance coaxial cable with one or multiple conductors. If there was, Mogami, Canare and Belden would be making multi-conductor cables too. But they do employ engineers who understand physics, and they sell to engineers. Engineers don't tolerate horseshit well.

Doh!

I think, if you plug in the numbers to the skin effect equation, you can see that at the range of frequencies encountered in audio equipment, it's influence would be minimal. Of course, if the frequency approaches 500 mhz and up, things change. so, while it is real, it just isn't likely to matter very much in our application.

The only way to 'settle' this, for those who have any kind of open mind at all, would be to do some double-blind tests. I'm willing to be proven wrong and eat some crow. I'm willing to be proven right and cook some. Anyone in the NYC area want to get together for a well-designed, well-documented test, I'm all for it.

wirejoke3.jpg

I bought a 10' Elixir low capacitance cable because I didn't believe it would really be 11pF/ft. It was.

I found that I preferred the sound of lower the capacitance cable on all of my guitars. Then, I found out that Elixir quit making them.

Back
Top Bottom