What are your favorite FRFR speakers?

Xitone, Atomic, Matrix seem to be heavy favorites. I purchased a hr108 and an ASC-12. Both sound great yet I can't quite get the 100% satisfaction I am after. Currently trying a QSC k10.2 , researched many post on this forum and the majority of users do not recommend, all subjective I understand. My question about the frfr is if you do not prefer the qsc(just an example) yet qsc is very common in FOH systems, so when you send your signal to FOH is it a different sound because of the frfr you have on stage? Thought it was direct from the axe? If you are not in favor of say the QSC yet you end up sending your signal to a QSC, just an example of course. I have a lot to learn obviously. For me , if I can be happy with a qsc onstage, then it would be fairly transparent as to what's going out front as well?
To the OP, the Redsound videos I found sounded great, maybe not as well as others. Hard to say , be awsome to try a couple 1st hand. Thanks in advance for any much needed help. Cheers

Xitone, Atomic, Matrix seem to be heavy favorites. I purchased a hr108 and an ASC-12. Both sound great yet I can't quite get the 100% satisfaction I am after. Currently trying a QSC k10.2 , researched many post on this forum and the majority of users do not recommend, all subjective I understand. My question about the frfr is if you do not prefer the qsc(just an example) yet qsc is very common in FOH systems, so when you send your signal to FOH is it a different sound because of the frfr you have on stage? Thought it was direct from the axe? If you are not in favor of say the QSC yet you end up sending your signal to a QSC, just an example of course. I have a lot to learn obviously. For me , if I can be happy with a qsc onstage, then it would be fairly transparent as to what's going out front as well?
To the OP, the Redsound videos I found sounded great, maybe not as well as others. Hard to say , be awsome to try a couple 1st hand. Thanks in advance for any much needed help. Cheers
You can split your signal so it goes directly to both your monitor and FOH. The sound of your box does not influence the sound via FOH.

IMO a good class A/B, H, or G Solid state power amp is probably the way to go. You want enough clean low THD power so you won't even come close to clipping. I play them super loud on occasion so I'm using a Behringer epx4000 class H 530watts per channel and it sounds and feels great. Originally I ordered a Crown class A/B but the company was dragging their feet so I sourced an amp local and the Behringer was all I could find. I was surprised its actually a Behringer product that works...for how long now the jury is still out. Lol
Basically I think something transparent and powerful is best for these since the Ax is what colors the sound and the f12 are rated at 200watts.

Edit: my one complaint with the Behringer is the fans are loud but not as loud as the one in my laptop. A QSC or Crown would probably be quieter. Think my Behringer is a copy of this:
https://www.qsc.com/solutions-products/power-amplifiers/portable/2-channel/gx-series/gx5/
You have 2 1x12 cabs with the F12, right? So that 530w each side is ok into a speaker rated for 200? (I know this type of pwr amp is not the same as say, running a Mesa 2:90 stereo into 2 4x12 Recto cabs.)

You have 2 1x12 cabs with the F12, right? So that 530w each side is ok into a speaker rated for 200? (I know this type of pwr amp is not the same as say, running a Mesa 2:90 stereo into 2 4x12 Recto cabs.)
I leave the two gain knobs on the amp at 1-2oclock and use the output knobs on the AX to control volume. Ideally I think you want double the Solid state wattage when matching amps to FRFR PA speakers. I was assuming the F12 is closer to a PA speaker but that maybe a good question to shoot celestion since it's not really a guitar or pa speaker but a mutant. Either way 530 is a bit high but keeping it at about halfway means all the power is clean and not even close to clipping the amp. So pretty much zero distortion. Here's a good article that's worth reading on the subject.
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/power-amp-buying-guide/

I have a pair of Friedman ASC-10s. Still love them and use them regularly! Can't wait to use them live again as I added some tiltback arms to them.

Aren't the Redsounds a bit small for monitoring on stage? I thought they'd be more geared to home/studio?
No, I use them on stage, they work perfekt.
But you have to keep in mind that they have a different angle than a wedge. They are more like a guitar cab.
I do use both MF10 and/or Elis 8 on stage, they work great for me. They are build to use them on higher volume, they are not made for home use (you can if you want but they bloom on higher volumes) take a look at Sukh Ryatt‘s review where he compares them with the CLR (which is a excellent speaker by the way)

Last edited:
Great thread...I just got an FM3 and need to amplify it on stage.

Considering the Xitone - now that I can access their website. I was going to go with a QSC K10.2 or DXR10 - but thinking now that I'd prefer a wedge or powered cab of some kind.

Xitone's website is archaic. Have any of you had support issues with them? I don't even see a phone number to call or any support info.

Last edited:
Great thread...I just got an FM3 and need to amplify it on stage.

Considering the Xitone - now that I can access their website. I was going to go with a QSC K10.2 or DXR10 - but thinking now that I'd prefer a wedge or powered cab of some kind.

Xitone's website is archaic. Have any of you had support issues with them? I don't even see a phone number to call or any support info.
@MicFarlow is active here. I have had great support from him and many others also praise his customer service.

I Have my Harley Benton FRFR 112A for 2 weeks now and very pleased with to play at home. can be very loud (as much as I would ever need...) and compared to my stereo rig MAtrix GM50+FRFR Cab (PA302), headphones HD25, monitors Eris E5, I have a clear and accurate sound. Very nice and clear sounding at low level too.
So to sum up a very nice solution on budget (220E).
DOnt know how it would compare to much expensive, but well recognized solutions, but I guess not so bad...

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Headrush 112, or the Friedman ASC-10. I really like the look of the Friedman, but I probably can't afford 2 right now, where I could probably get a pair of the Headrush's and not feel too bad.

Back
Top Bottom