What amp tone is this?

I tried his settings and mostly dug his compressor addition to my Plexi amp for a similar tone but better thru my monitors/rig/guitar I love how he mentioned everything goes sideways tonally when we get up to volume at different venues.
In his amp block he was not on 'Ideal' so you can't see all his parameters. That amp did not sound good with my rig but does with his!

Wow. I really liked that guitar solo. Great tone, great playing, really melodic phrasing.

Much of the solo work I encounter on-line these days seems to be centered on playing with ultimate speed (with some tapping thrown in for good measure). I think it is good to remind myself that a great guitar solo can be mostly about the musical story being told, and that I don’t necessarily have to be able to shred like Yngwie.

Wow. I really liked that guitar solo. Great tone, great playing, really melodic phrasing.

Much of the solo work I encounter on-line these days seems to be centered on playing with ultimate speed (with some tapping thrown in for good measure). I think it is good to remind myself that a great guitar solo can be mostly about the musical story being told, and that I don’t necessarily have to be able to shred like Yngwie.
Exactly. Phrasing is everything. It’s not enough to just play notes — you have to actually say something.

You can’t judge a painting by how many colors it has, and you can’t judge a solo by how many notes it has.

Much of the solo work I encounter on-line these days seems to be centered on playing with ultimate speed (with some tapping thrown in for good measure).
might i suggest getting off youtube and listening to some great albums by musicians whose intent it is to communicate some feeling. watching take number 103 by some guy who has composed a solo to show off his chops will only dull your sensibilities, old chap

might i suggest getting off youtube and listening to some great albums by musicians whose intent it is to communicate some feeling. watching take number 103 by some guy who has composed a solo to show off his chops will only dull your sensibilities, old chap
Avoid “democore” and its ilk (aka music made for a youtube video)

Back
Top Bottom