What Amp Models would you like to see added?

I don't yet know about the Stealth 5150 III 6L6 vs EL43 model, but the original 5150 III 6L6 and EL34 models were more than just a tube swap: they had differences in the circuits, voicings, and gain levels. Ultimately the Blue channel on the EL34 model became love or hate because it was a much looser, tamer, and lower gain channel than on the 6L6 version.

As for the new EL34 Stealth, I haven't dug in yet to see if they made other voicing changes beyond the tubes.

Thanks for the explanation, TIL 👍

I'd love to see the Mesa/Boogie Mark I added or at least one of the channels from the later Mark series that is based on the amplifier.

Outside of that, more meme amps. Can't go wrong with Line 6 Metal Red or a Marshall MG model.

They would be extremely cool. I picked up a Sig X lately just to get better access to some of the VHT/Fryette sound which wasn't easily available in the Axe FX. Unfortuantely Steve Fyette is very protective of his schematics (and rarely provides them to techs, instead offering to help debug over the phone with them when he has time) so Cliff would need to spend the extra time reverse engineering everything. IT's happened in the past for other amps (like the Archon) but unfortunately makes it a tougher ask.

I don't yet know about the Stealth 5150 III 6L6 vs EL43 model, but the original 5150 III 6L6 and EL34 models were more than just a tube swap: they had differences in the circuits, voicings, and gain levels. Ultimately the Blue channel on the EL34 model became love or hate because it was a much looser, tamer, and lower gain channel than on the 6L6 version.

As for the new EL34 Stealth, I haven't dug in yet to see if they made other voicing changes beyond the tubes.

You are referring to the 50 watters it sounds like. And yes the 50’watt el34 was very different than the 50 watt 6l6 version. The el34 100 has about zero in common with its 50 watt counterpart, especially on the blue channel. Blue channel is just another great high gain channel on the el34 100.

You are referring to the 50 watters it sounds like. And yes the 50’watt el34 was very different than the 50 watt 6l6 version. The el34 100 has about zero in common with its 50 watt counterpart, especially on the blue channel. Blue channel is just another great high gain channel on the el34 100.
Yeah, I think you're right, I was going by the differences I'd heard on the 50w heads. So we have normal and Stealth, 50w and 100w, and 6L6 and EL34 versions, each with three channels, and each which may or may not have changes compared to the others which may or may not be intuitive. It's enough to make your head spin o_O

I assume he means a 100 watt variation. The one in the Axe is a 50 watter.
They are very similar amps. Stiffen up the power supply sag side of things in the power amp, experiment with the output transformer impedance match, and you can make the 50 watt model sound like a 100 watt. (I had a major "doh!" on not realising the preamp circuits differed on the earlier JMP versions, but pretty sure they are identical in the JCM800 2203/2204.)

Liam

Dr Z Maz 18 MKI:
I understand the Maz 38 and Maz 8 are there, but the 18 doesn't have the low end flubbiness of the 38 or the thinness of the 8.

Tone King Imperial MKII:
Out of the hundreds of amp wishes, for whatever reason it's the only one that causes some people to see red and argue "it's already there"/"just use a tweed instead"/"tone is a journey, you don't need that model"

But it's a really sweet amp, and both of its channels would absolutely sing in the Fractal system.

Orange OR120
I really like this amp in Amplitube 5, so I think Fractal would absolutely knock it out of the park.
That could be said about the hundred of Mesa and other high gain/modern amps that we already had in the box and others people keep asking for. I'm being using almost exclusively the Neural DSP Tone King software home this last months, so I would love to have one in my FM9. Like a Friedman isn't just a Marshall, the Tone King isn't just a Deluxe reverb. And we don't also have a equivalent of the cabinet (but thousands of V30s...)

I was curious on what the process was for new amp models so I thought I’d start a thread to see what everyone thought and what others would want to see.

Personally I’d love to see an Omega ampworks model of the Obsidian or Granophyre, A Randall Satan, And possibly something like a Marshall Major 200w.

What about you guys?!?
Been here for 15 years....I am good with amps. Revv amps was nice addition. But seriously Fractal has more than anyone and MORE ways to tweak the existing plethora. While I would not be pissed if they add more, I would pose the question of what is missing that you can't already do with what parameters are given? The minute difference could be altered with 300 amps plus in it already.

Yeah, I think you're right, I was going by the differences I'd heard on the 50w heads. So we have normal and Stealth, 50w and 100w, and 6L6 and EL34 versions, each with three channels, and each which may or may not have changes compared to the others which may or may not be intuitive. It's enough to make your head spin o_O
[stares at you in MESA/boogie]

Been here for 15 years....I am good with amps. Revv amps was nice addition. But seriously Fractal has more than anyone and MORE ways to tweak the existing plethora. While I would not be pissed if they add more, I would pose the question of what is missing that you can't already do with what parameters are given? The minute difference could be altered with 300 amps plus in it already.
Been here 15+ years also and can't help but to continue answering to this frequently presented logic, which, if correct in terms of how easy it is to tweak in subtle differences, would mean that we could get by with a dozen amp models in Axfx to derive, via tweaking, most sounds. But we have 288 more than a dozen because 1) It's often difficult to tweak in subtle differences paricularly reaction to pedals, equal response at multiple varying settings etc, and 2) because Fractal thrives on introducing such variations (Revv a prime example: it's pointed at as already in the box via tweaking till we get it at which point everybody loves it and can't / won't live without it). Lastly 3) because precision is one of Fractal's claims to greatness - those who've owned the real deal and switch to Fractal appreciate the accuracy to all the subtle and not-so-subtle nuances (even the warts) of the beloved amp they know intimately. Tweaking another model is just not the same for those folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom