What’s your Main Gee-tar!!! And why….

Are you the refinisher?
Wild!
Let me guess, you play light jazz classics, dinner music, right?
This time was by a local artist w/ my input for design. Yep, you nailed it on my style of music :) My main love is 80's Heavy Metal but I venture as far out as Melissa Etheridge, the eagles, etc. One of my bands wants to cover Lada Gaga's Bad Romance and I shockingly have to admit it's a lot of fun to play.

20240124_002319.jpg

"One of us."

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume most of the patrons of Fractal have several guitars to choose from. If this sounds like you, which is your main player and what’s so special about it?
Extra credit:
Which preset “just works” with that guitar?
My Gee-Tarrrr!!!View attachment 133686
Jackson Dinky Modern Baked Red
Fishman Fluence open core Pups
This guitar is light and super ergonomic-very comfortable playing long hours- pick ups make this versatile AF. The neck is smooth and fast, I love it!
Sounds great with 800 and Archean
This is exactly the guitar I wanna buy next - but the white and black one!

Not ugly!, like the color actually!
Is that an actual '55, or some sort of clone/repro/tribute?
It's a 55 Tele - I bought it as just a neck, body and neck plate. All parts are Callahams and the pickups are a 52 Fender Champ lap steel bridge pickup (an old Keith Richards trick) and a rewound 62 tele neck pickup. The Candy Apple chopped liver finish was already there, as was a pretty horrible neck finish which I suspect is shellac. For a long time I debated sending it to someone really good to get it returned to see through blonde, but after a couple of years the finish kinda.... grows on you....... then again so do warts and some unfortunate STDs.....

The whole guitar owes me about $5500, which must make it the cheapest 55 Tele in the history of Western Civilisation I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom