What’s your Main Gee-tar!!! And why….

wesleyamltd

Inspired
I’m going to go out on a limb and assume most of the patrons of Fractal have several guitars to choose from. If this sounds like you, which is your main player and what’s so special about it?
Extra credit:
Which preset “just works” with that guitar?
My Gee-Tarrrr!!!IMG_1344.jpeg
Jackson Dinky Modern Baked Red
Fishman Fluence open core Pups
This guitar is light and super ergonomic-very comfortable playing long hours- pick ups make this versatile AF. The neck is smooth and fast, I love it!
Sounds great with 800 and Archean

Last edited:
For E Standard i use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMG Jim Root Pickups. I bought that Guitar late 2006. It was a special Edition ("Midnight" because of the deep black color) weighs a ton but sounds so good.
For Eb and D Standard i use 2 ESP MX-250.

For E Standard i use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMG Jim Root Pickups. I bought that Guitar late 2006. It was a special Edition ("Midnight" because of the deep black color) weighs a ton but sounds so good.
For Eb and D Standard i use 2 ESP MX-250.
Pictures plz
How are dem JR Pups?

1992 Fender Strat American Deluxe with Lace sensor pickups. I have had this guitar since new and it feels like home.

My favourite presets are ones I have made from scratch using amps FTR-37, SLO, and JTM45.

The one in my Avatar has been my #1 for since 2014! Since I have increased my option of guitars in the last couple of years I find my self rotating through them based on the type of songs I'm going to be playing!

I ve been using two PRS Hollowbody Spruce guitars, which are wonderful instruments. I’m doing something more classic rock, country, Tom Petty-ish stuff in my current gig and wanted something a little brighter in tone, but not quite single coil.

I tried my white NF3 in this role, and it fit like a glove! The “narrowfield” 57/08 humbuckers are really their own world; gutsy as a humbucker, but has the bell-like ring of a single in it. Playability is top notch, and it’s still an 8 pound guitar… so not as hefty as some LP thickness guitars. I liked it so much, I added the natural Korina one you see with it.

I‘m using a fairly well modified version of the 59 Bassguy preset on my FM9T along with an FC6. The 6 is normally set to Scenes, while the 9 is on Effects. It’s working well at the moment.

IMG_0105.jpeg

I have better guitars, but the one that's followed me to nearly every gig is a Japanese built neck through Robin Medley. I picked it up dirt cheap from eBay a long time ago, and it arrived completely unplayable. A very kind tech spent about three days bringing it back to life....and charged me all of $60 for the very difficult job. Ever since, it has just delivered. Even though it's Les Paul heavy, I love it.

I tried my white NF3 in this role, and it fit like a glove! The “narrowfield” 57/08 humbuckers are really their own world; gutsy as a humbucker, but has the bell-like ring of a single in it. Playability is top notch, and it’s still an 8 pound guitar… so not as hefty as some LP thickness guitars. I liked it so much, I added the natural Korina one you see with it.

What Rick said except my #1 is seafoam (see my avatar). It's basically a Strat with a whole lot more awesome sauce built in. My main preset for my variety rock/country/dance cover band is a modified version of the Stone in Love preset on my FM9. I've found that using the volume knob on an NF3 combined with the JCM800 and a drive pedal can get me everything I need. The NF3/800 combination = :fire:!

Back
Top Bottom