Welcome to the New Axe-Fx Forum

shredi knight said:
Was having serious withdrawals without an Axe FX forum.

Yes. Me too.

Thanks to Javajunkie and Guitardojo for supplying temporary forums, and to Cliff and Quonsar for bringing up this new home.

Best regards
Friedlieb

Yeah, Really stoked to have this board back. I'm a complete Midiot noob but over the last day and a half I was able to get 5.22 firmware transferred and new A and B Banks uploaded to my recently aquired Axe. Thanks DonGrosh, ZerOth, Javajunkie and all others!

Ah yes, to be back up and running is a good thing. Thanks to all those who labored :mrgreen:

I don't know how I would handle many more days of SPACE :lol:

my unit came today....just plugged in.....WOWOWOWOW!!!! Damn....it's really simple to use, sounds great...well a bit too much effects in the factory presets, but i'll do my own stuff anyway.....

OMG....it feels.....so natural, first it was uncomfortable, because i used the PODxt over a long time...then after an A/B test with the POD, every bad feeling was away....

this is a killer unit!!!!!!!

Many big kisses to Cliff (i'm not gay) :lol:

now flying on cloud 7 .....yeehaaw! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry...too much happy feeling right now, i'm going crazy! :lol: :mrgreen:

axetrax said:
Mr.347 said:
now flying on cloud 7 ...
Cloud 7? What preset is that? :lol:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new toy!! Just a matter of time for me, woot!
Axetrax, yeah then we will not hear from you for months or until you get stuck! ;-)

oddb0d said:
Axetrax, yeah then we will not hear from you for months or until you get stuck! ;-)
Have I been over using my welcome here? :( Sorry, just enthusiastic -- and posting to this board is a placebo / surrogate until I get the toy I suppose. :oops:

axetrax said:
oddb0d said:
Have I been over using my welcome here? :( Sorry, just enthusiastic -- and posting to this board is a placebo / surrogate until I get the toy I suppose. :oops:
Just teasing you dude... I mean when I got my Axe FX I never came on this board I was too busy playing. I pretty much did no experimentation when I first got the Axe FX. I didn't work out how to do everything I was just grinning playing with some of the presets. It was awesome. After a month or so I started my journey on learning how to really use it, i.e. hook it up to a midi controller, midi to computer, LFOs, creating patches etc. Only just started on the expression pedal stuff, and not even looked at the IR stuff yet...

oddb0d said:
Just teasing you dude... I mean when I got my Axe FX I never came on this board I was too busy playing. I pretty much did no experimentation when I first got the Axe FX. I didn't work out how to do everything I was just grinning playing with some of the presets. It was awesome. After a month or so I started my journey on learning how to really use it, i.e. hook it up to a midi controller, midi to computer, LFOs, creating patches etc. Only just started on the expression pedal stuff, and not even looked at the IR stuff yet...
It's all good oddb0d. :)

Hopefully the manual / wiki will answer most of the ensuing questions so I don't have to abuse you guys too much. I've not doubt my wife will be an AFX widow for awhile -- there are many landscapes in the AFX to explore / discover in my upcoming tone pilgrimage.

:lol:

just went back from a little try-out in the rehearsal room, got a nice old JCM800 full stack on one side and the Axe over a Valvestate S80 power-amp into a single slanted 1960 Marshal 4x12 cabinet on the other side...just recalled preset "Basic Brit 800" ...man, the other guitarrist was paralized....he couldn't belive it, almost the same grit, punch and definition he get from his old JCM800 (Model 2210) :lol:

that was big fun!

Now it's tweaky time.... :D

This forum is a wealth of knowledge but most of it flies way over me.
So I've been on a slow learning curve.
I was always in it for the long haul.

Seems like everyone is still enjoying their Axe-Fx - me included.

Back
Top Bottom